Meritor Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and conversational. I had 3 successive interviews, discussing classes, job descriptions, past work experience, and general behavioral questions. Not a lot of technical questions, they expressed that a great deal of what you need to know you will learn on the job. Overall, a good experience.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview of about 60 minutes. It was based on my resume, asked about gears and housing. Some basic design questions and behavioral questions. Having a past experience in gear design helped a lot in answering technical questions about gear design

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meritor (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 employees, asked some basic behavioral questions, then got into some more technical questions, including how to make a DCF and how you would cost a product they made. Seemed a little esoteric, meaning it seemed like they expected you to know more about the automotive/defense industry to answer some of the questions. Interviewers weren't too personable either, seemed a little stiff.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to complete a secondary application form with behavioral paragraph questions. An engineering manager scheduled an interview with me, and I interviewed with two managers. The questions were mainly basic background questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have community service on your resume. Tell me more about that.   Answer Question

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial on campus interview with two mangers from different areas of Finance Treasury & Operations. I was then invited for an office visit at the Troy, MI headquarters where there was an overview tour, group project, 3 panel interview and lunch. There were 9 candidates competing for 2 positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly.
      What are discounted cash flows.
      How does a company deal with currency exchange.
      All behavior based except for technical questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview, then a face-to-face with 3 managers. I lived out of state so I was flown to Troy and all expenses were paid. I spent one full day at the main office, then the following day was taken on a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for Meritor?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a short phone screen 2 weeks after I submitted my resume online. Face to face was about a week after phone screen. It was the panel interview where I was asked the usual "tell us about the time when you ..." I received a thank you letter saying that they are considering another candidate "who better match their requirements". Disappointing but I sort of already knew that the position was too junior for me.

Interview Questions

• I knew the interviewer spaced out because she asked the same question twice! And that was during the first 5 minutes of the interview. Either that or she already made up her mind I will not be the one.   Answer Question

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very basic with no tough questions. Then I was asked to come in for an interview 2 weeks later. I was in a room with a purchasing manager, whom I would be reporting to, as well as the leader of the Purchasing Co-Op development program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all. The hourly rate that they offered was above my expectation.

Co-Op Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews - First one was a 30 minute 1 on 1 with a manager, second one was on the same day and followed the first interview, another 30 minute 1 on 1 with a different manager. Last interview was a 5-panel interview

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

I had applied for the position through my school's career center. I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze. They asked the typical behavioral questions. The second round interview took place approximately 3 weeks later at the headquarters in Troy,MI. There were about 60 candidates there for the ELDP, but not all for the supply chain program. There was a group assessment in which I had to work with 5 other candidates to solve a problem. The problem was about where to place a new production facility. The second part of the interview was a panel interview with 3 very skilled purchasing managers. It was extremely intimidating because of all of the follow-up questions regarding purchasing. They were asking me questions that only an existing purchasing employee would know. I had only entertained as a purchasing intern once therefore I was still learning the process. I felt as if that was the worst interview I had ever had in my life. I walked out knowing I was not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• "When was a time that you improved a difficult process?"   Answer Question