Merkle Account Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

1.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an automated email stating that Merkle will get back in 3 weeks. Received an email from HR on the same day asking for a next day phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) How did learn about this job opening at Merkle?
    2) Did you hear about Merkle before applying for this job or after?
    3) Tell me about your work experience as in the resume starting from the latest, what positions did you hold, why did you leave them?
    4) Do you have experience in direct mail, email marketing and project management? Please elaborate.
    5) Salary expectation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Applied online, received a response from HR gal within a few days, asking for my availability for a call. 28 minutes later, I received an automated email rejection for the same role. I replied directly to the HR rep, letting her know my availability (assuming the auto-email may have been an oversight within their system). Two days later I received a follow-up email from the same HR rep, confirming the date/time for our call. 9 minutes later she replied again, saying "Disregard" because they will not be moving forward. One sentence. No explanation or apology for the confusion.

Wildly unprofessional and disrespectful of candidates. Reading some other comments here, it seems to be the norm for Merkle. Glad I didn't waste any time with the call. Amazing to me that a company doesn't understand basic professionalism in this day and age. Inexcusable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I only had a brief call (phone screen) that wasn't going anywhere so we jointly decided it wasn't a fit. The questions were less about account management, strategy and client relations and more focused on whether or not I could write a creative brief and have done mail campaigns.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you consider writing briefs to be one of your strengths? Are you familiar with campaigns?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle in May 2009.

Interview

I found the position through LinkedIn, via a Merkle recruiter. I actually was asking about another position, but the recruiter told me about this position and thought I had a great background and experience set for it. She was a Merkle employee, but dedicated to talent recruitment.

I interviewed over the phone with her. As a follow-up, I also interviewed with a VP over the phone who said she was recommending me for an on-site interview. After a week, I hadn't heard back and contacted the recruiter who informed me they were pursuing others instead of me.

I get that they may want to pursue others, but I can't believe the VP recommended I move to the next step, then no one calls me to tell me that's not the case? It also took two messages with the recruiter to finally get her to call me back. They were really going after me at first, then decided I wasn't good enough for a call back.

I have to look at it this way..."someone" was telling me this wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult account or client and why?   1 Answer