Merkle Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Account Manager Interview Questions

4.0

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screening where they ask you what your salary expectation is. This was helpful for both parties because they gave me a very real idea of the salary cap and while it was a lateral move for me, it was worth to move forward in the interview process. The phone screening was with the recruiter so it wasn't intimidating. The actual interview consisted of a full day of interviews with multiple people at all levels and a few different departments (6-8). At the end of the day, I was required to do a presentation of a sample campaign I'd worked on that would be relevant to the role I was applying for. I do wish this was asked in the beginning of the day before the interviews so everyone could have asked questions in our 1:1 interviews. Plus after a long day of talking, the last thing you want to do is give a presentation. Overall, it was a very thorough interview process which showed me, the company is committed to hiring high quality people and do their due diligence in interviewing/hiring.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Merkle does tw phone screens and then a full day onsite interview. it is a stringent process but ensures both fit for skills and culture. Be prepared for all types of questions and interviewing with lots of levels of individuals (both peer and supervisor). Merkle hires very limited entry level and it is best if you know someone within the organization to clear a path for you.

Interview Questions

• You will have to give a presentation   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merkle in May 2009.

Interview

After sending a resume and cover via email, I went through a phone interview. The hiring manager gave me the run-down of the interview process, telling me I would have to meet with anywhere from 6-14 people, then give a presentation. It wasn't until later that I found out they wanted me to present for 45 minutes, which seemed somewhat excessive at the time.

I was at their office for roughly 4 hours. Did my interviews, gave my presentation and left, with the promise that I'd hear something within a week. Unfortunately, even after shooting the hiring manager a follow-up email and phone call, I never heard back. Additionally, they never offered to validate parking, so I wound up paying to attend the interview.

Overall, I was impressed with the company. The organization seemed well thought-out, and the work environment seemed very fun. A young, hip, dotcom-ish crowd make up the employee base, and they seem to enjoy working there. The company also offers a number of incentives to its employees, all of which seem very appealing (and gave me the impression of a fun company culture).

Unfortunately, the whole experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Given how much preparation and time they expected each candidate to put into the interview, I was surprised to not even receive the common courtesy of a polite 'No thank you' when I followed up.

Interview Questions

• I'm having trouble remembering specific questions, especially since the interview consisted of so many stakeholders. One standard question: 'What would you do if confronted with a difficult client who wanted to make a last-minute change after the deadline had passed?'   Answer Question