Merkle Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Merkle

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

routine questions, people ask you to recite the book, you can see how stubborn the people there

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

A couple phone screens and than an all day on site series of 7 interviews and a 45 minute presentation...levels running from directors to SVP. Questions ranged from perceptions of previous bosses to problem solving...how would you handle certain analytic situations

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interview.
    1) With recruiter, behavioral questions.
    2) With a director, behavioral questions.
    3) With someone on the team, tech questions about SAS, SQL and Statistics.

The tech phone screening interview covered SAS, SQL and Statistics knowledge and I was not fully prepared for that. Not too difficult, and the interviewers are very nice.

And I assume that my experience and skills are not a perfect match.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle.
      How would you replace all missing values by zero in a very large SAS dataset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR via email about the position. Had an initial phone interview with HR about my background, salary expectation, etc. Got an email the same day for a phone interview with a lead analyst. The interviewer asked questions for more details regarding my experience on my resume that is related to the job description. Overall, it went well. The following week HR followed up again for an onsite interview invite. It was a mixed type including technical, behavioral and case. Had 5 interviewers and all of them were very nice and professional during the whole interview process. The behavioral interview session was about determining whether you are a fit based on company culture, vision and values. I felt that Merkle provides a work environment that allows the employees to work happily. Overall, the whole interview process was very smooth and HR followed up in a timely, professional way in every stage. Even though I didn't get an offer in the end, I got notified of the final decision very soon.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

Great experience! The process is well organized and professional. They do a follow up email every time after I finish an interview to ask my feedback.

I applied online. And the recruiter reached out to me the day after I submitted my application. Then we scheduled a phone interview a week later. The interview went pretty well. She just asked me normal behavior questions like " why Merkle". Then I got another interview with 2 hiring managers. They both went well. We got along pretty quickly. The day after my interview, I got an on-site interview opportunity. They paid for the whole trip, which is really nice. The on-site interview was 2 hours long with 3 people from the team. One behavior interview, one "pressure"/technical interview, and one case study. I did pretty well on the first behavior interview. But the technical interview was really tough. She ask me to write SQL on a paper. And there are 3 pages SAS questions. She also asked lots of technical details on the projects I did during school, like " how did you deal with missing values". The last interview was really hard. I almost cried during the interview lol.

I did think I would get an offer. But a week later the HR reached out to me and said they would like to give me an offer. I happily accepted it!

Overall, the recruiters are really nice and professional. The process is very fast. It can be tough but I enjoyed it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in July 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First with HR, second with a Director in the Analytics department. Fairly behavioral, with questions connecting previous work/education experience to the job description. Both interviewers were very personable and answered all of my questions candidly.

Interview Questions

• When is a time at work you've done more than what's asked of you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle in January 2009.

Interview

I Interviewed with four different people, back to back, one after the other. It was pretty simple and straight to the point. It was mostly behavioral questions and not much else. I was applying for a low level analyst position so there weren't many technical questions. Just "do you know ______?" and I would answer yes or no. The facility was nice and they paid for lunch & the drive.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle in January 2010.

Interview

Got 2 phone interviews. The first one just went through my resume and I thought I did well. Got 2nd one about 2 weeks after. It was case interview. Pretty tough. I thought I answered most of them well. But I did make some mistakes. Then I never heard anything back

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

one phone interview by a senior analyst, then followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and 3 other teammembers. A project need to be presented in front of a group of 4.