Merkle Interview Questions in Columbia, MD | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

Updated Oct 13, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Recruiter found me. Took weeks for interviews with multiple reschedules and cancels from them. Interviews were rushed and unorganized. In the panel interview half the panel was remote and sounded like they were multitasking. They had me presenting but asked so many questions I had 5 minutes for the actual presentation and the panel lead didn't know how to use the laptop. The questions and feedback showed a lack of understanding of the work related to the position from the panel. Questions were generic and unoriginal. Disappointing experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR via email about the position. Had an initial phone interview with HR about my background, salary expectation, etc. Got an email the same day for a phone interview with a lead analyst. The interviewer asked questions for more details regarding my experience on my resume that is related to the job description. Overall, it went well. The following week HR followed up again for an onsite interview invite. It was a mixed type including technical, behavioral and case. Had 5 interviewers and all of them were very nice and professional during the whole interview process. The behavioral interview session was about determining whether you are a fit based on company culture, vision and values. I felt that Merkle provides a work environment that allows the employees to work happily. Overall, the whole interview process was very smooth and HR followed up in a timely, professional way in every stage. Even though I didn't get an offer in the end, I got notified of the final decision very soon.

Accounts Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial contact was by email. I met once with the hiring manager. The questions asked were abstract "what-if" questions focused on interpersonal skills and my ability to get the job done in an environment that is constantly changing through acquisition and seems perpetually understaffed. The interview lasted an hour but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have I counseled employees regarding performance?   Answer Question
    • How will I prepare the team for an upcoming software change?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly group. Straightforward about the problem they are facing. Hiring manager is awesome, he give me a cheat sheet beforehand, listing every interviewer's personality and favorites; he is also helping me fighting for better title and better salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

360 degree interview process. Very thorough interview process. Many facets of the company was involved with the interview. I was expected to make a presentation about my experience which was very interesting. Afterwards there was a question and Answer segment.

Interview Questions

• Very thorough interview process. Many facets of the company was involved with the interview. I was expected to make a presentation about my experience which was very interesting. Afterwards there was a question and Answer segment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Very well organized. The scheduled was quickly set up and they were very quick from start to offer. The offer process was very organized. Overall, a very good process.

Interview Questions

• You are moving from a larger company to a smaller one - why the change?   Answer Question

Merkle Response

Apr 30, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We're certain that as an HR professional you know a thing or two about interview processes and we are happy to hear this was a good experience for you. Welcome to the team!

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that setup interviews. The first step was 2 phone interviews. Following the phone interview I underwent a caucus type interview in person with a group of 6 cross functional managers and directors. The interview included questions and a presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position posted on Merkle's website in late December and was contacted via email to setup a phone screen in January.

Phone screen was with the supervisor of the position and went well. She told me that HR would email me to setup an interview. At the end of the call, she mentioned the presentation that is required during the interview process.

HR contacted me asking for dates I was available. They setup the interview for late February due to month end close and the on-going year end audit.

I interviewed with 2 employees who would be direct reports to the position, a peer and the supervisor who was a Director. I was to interview with the VP/Controller but she was travelling on business. They allotted a 1/2 hour with each person. We were able to go over since the VP would not be interviewing me. I found that even with 40-45 minutes I did not have as much time as I would have liked with each person. Everyone seemed thoroughly enthusiastic and praised Merkle. The Director conducted her interview over lunch and then I gave my presentation.

HR emailed me that day to come back the following week for an interview with the VP during lunch. She escorted me to the Director afterwards where I could ask additional questions. The Director stated she would get back to me either that day or the next.

She called the next day to offer me the job and I accepted.

Overall, the process was very organized and they made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions. They asked a lot of questions so you really need to know yourself and what you bring to the table. I understood the position and what I would be doing so I could focus on those aspects of my experience when discussing the benefits of hiring me.
      The hardest part for me was the presentation. As an Accountant, I am used to presenting numbers to people who have a vested interest in the company. I did not think these people would be interested in numbers for another company. I chose a leadership topic involving mentoring employees and managing the project. It seemed to do the trick.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary. The offer was well worth the transition.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Of course Merkle, like others does phone screening but once you get past that, the process seems to move fairly quickly. I was phone screened and brought in the next week on site. I interviewed with quite a few folks from the teams close to the new role, including of course my would be manager and Vice President. Unique process where it seems that they really want to get to know you well, and evaluate your experience but your demeanor and almost more importantly your personality. most of my interviews were more of conversations. Part of the process is a presentation to the interview team. At first glance it seems like a little overboard but after doing it and getting the feedback, I feel like it was a valuable component for my evaluation.

One of the best things about the interview process is that they get back to you within a few days, for me it was the next day to give me the news

Interview Questions

• General questions to gauge my abilities, experiences and fit within the role and the company   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Ebullient phone screen followed by several telephone interviews, an onsite session of face to face interviews over one day, a business case presentation and a follow up caucus of interviewers regarding the candidate. A fair amount of disinformation is shared during this process to get you excited about the "special culture" Merkle offers to its employees.

Interview Questions

• Curve ball questions are typically thrown at you regarding how you dealt with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero flexibility (and a fair amount of misrepresentation).