Merkle Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager twice and higher level managers and potential coworkers. Have to give a presentation on a project that you have done in a previous role. Even after you go through this entire process, they will not talk to you at all if they decide not to hire you.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied with my resume on LinkedIn. I then got a phone call from a recruiter who did a basic phone screen then put me on to the next step with the hiring manager. The company offered to pay mileage and parking for the interview. The hiring manager wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview, which you can read about on their website. It was very similar to what the described. After the interview I wrote individual followups to the five people I met and submitted my expense report. Nobody called me to tell me that I did or didn't get the job. A followup to the initial recruiter was ignored. I did get my expenses back about 6 weeks after the interview, but I received no other communication from Merkle. I am giving them a negative over all experience because they said they would get back to me quickly and they did not get back to me at all. This was a full day out of my schedule and my PTO from my current job--the least they could do is reject me.

Interview Questions

• The position above you is open? Why haven't you applied?   1 Answer

Merkle Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We will be sure to address this with the Recruiting Team and make sure each candidate receives appropriate and timely follow-up, as deserved. We... More

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

One phone screen where they see if you are a potential fit for the culture.
    Followed up by a 3 hour in person interview, where you will meet multiple people who you will work with.The emphasis on culture is much more prevalent than that of your skillet.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Marketing/Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter, followed by another 20 minute phone interview by the local team member a week or so later. went in for a 2 on 1 interview that lasted about an hour and went very well, as I was very qualified for the position and the team seem interested as well, including showing me around the office. they said i would hear something back soon either from them or the recruiter through either email or a phone call. i followed up 2 weeks later after not hearing anything and was told they had not made a decision yet, which still looks to be the case at this point since i've seen the job posted on the company website recently. i was a little concerned when compensation for the job seemed to vary greatly based on what i heard from the recruiter and the actual job posting on the website. there was about a $20,000 per year discrepancy between the two.

it seemed like a fun place to work with a diverse team in a laid back environment. i would have been excited with an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with a.p.i.'s?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Merkle does tw phone screens and then a full day onsite interview. it is a stringent process but ensures both fit for skills and culture. Be prepared for all types of questions and interviewing with lots of levels of individuals (both peer and supervisor). Merkle hires very limited entry level and it is best if you know someone within the organization to clear a path for you.

Interview Questions

• You will have to give a presentation   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

Be prepared to apply and interview over a period of about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay working day in/day out only working on email?   1 Answer