Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.2

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

5 rounds starts from phone interviews and ends at power point presentation to 5-6 people(these people also
    Interview you one on one, on one single day, before you give an hour long presentation that very day). So overall it's intense !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than what I asked.

Analytic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

All day interview basically. Called on very short notice with not even a day's time. Impossible to do good or be prepared for interview when notice is this short. Not even any time to study job description. It was bound to be bad. No other company does that.

Interview Questions

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your interview experience. We apologize if you felt rushed and unprepared for the interview, but we move very quickly to fill our roles and like to schedule ... More

Vice President Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The process was long and involved many people and steps. In addition to phone and in person interviews, candidates had to also present a short presentation to the hiring team that related to the job you are applying for based on previous experience. While it does seem intimidating at first, each person in the room had to also do this to be hired (unless they got to Merkle via an acquisition), so they tend to be very kind and supportive.

Interview Questions

• What type of dirty laundry do you want to know about before joining Merkle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although my offer was exactly at what I was hoping for, I did negotiate and received 10% more (asked for 15% more). The hiring manager did have to go back to his boss for approval, which took approximately 1 day.

Merkle Response

May 11, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review on our interview process.We're especially happy to hear that you seemed to enjoy the Project Review portion of the interview! Welcome to Merkle!

Senior Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Onsite interviewing in Baltimore, after 2 rounds of phone screening

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a hypothesis test that could be used before clustering is done on customer data?   Answer Question

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. I fly out to Pittsburgh and have a full day of interviews. 3 or 4 different interviews got canceled and 1 person (director) showed up for my SEO presentation that they had me prepare days before. Before I started she claimed she'd have to leave halfway through for a client meeting. No one watched the presentation.

Glad I don't work there as Merkle and other "marketing agencies" are giving digital marketing a bad name.

Interview Questions

• Is it ok that you put all this time into an SEO presentation and I'm going to walk out of it?   Answer Question

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter then phone screen by 3-5 business leaders and potential sales peers. Grueling on site interview that requires a presentation of a project review or big win. Took 2-3 weeks to get collective feedback from recruiter on overall summary of the group. Took another month to get an offer from there.

Interview Questions

• How will you be successful with limited experience in the martech space?   Answer Question

Paid Social Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

CV and Cover letter submitted online
    Telephone interview where hey pretty much went through my CV and then invited me in for the next stage, and told me to research paid Social

Face to face interview with two staff, I quickly realised that I didn't know enough for the interview but I tried anyway
    - Very nice looking place, young workforce and a genuine good feeling about it

Final stage would have been a call back to do a presentation with more staff (I didn't make it to this stage)

Interview Questions

• Why digital marketing   1 Answer
    • Why paid Social? What are it's advantages   1 Answer

Data Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly telephone interview with hiring manager. General questions regarding current work.

Second - face to face interview with hiring manager and peer. Unexpected test and troubleshooting difficult scenarios. Was not warned of this prior to interview. Having had regular contact with HR in before and after telephone interview and before face-to-face, I would get no response afterwards. No feedback at all.

Interview Questions

• What does the acronym ACID mean with regards to transactional databases?   1 Answer

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

you have to follow an online application which is pretty basic in which you have one competency question asking why you are interested in PPC
    this is followed by a telephone interview. informal and not a robot on the other end the person is trying to understand your character and will ask about your education then work experience then some questions on why this role and if you have an understanding of PPC.
    if successful you will find out you have been invited to an assessment centre within the same week

Interview Questions

• asked about understanding of PPC and the various elements that follow from this   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Recruiter found me. Took weeks for interviews with multiple reschedules and cancels from them. Interviews were rushed and unorganized. In the panel interview half the panel was remote and sounded like they were multitasking. They had me presenting but asked so many questions I had 5 minutes for the actual presentation and the panel lead didn't know how to use the laptop. The questions and feedback showed a lack of understanding of the work related to the position from the panel. Questions were generic and unoriginal. Disappointing experience overall.