Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

routine questions, people ask you to recite the book, you can see how stubborn the people there

Interview

Before the interview, I was asked to prepare a presentation in which I walked through a challenging project I had managed. During the presentation there was open discussion about the details of th eproject and how I handled certain situations.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Merkle does tw phone screens and then a full day onsite interview. it is a stringent process but ensures both fit for skills and culture. Be prepared for all types of questions and interviewing with lots of levels of individuals (both peer and supervisor). Merkle hires very limited entry level and it is best if you know someone within the organization to clear a path for you.

Interview Questions

• You will have to give a presentation   1 Answer

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

About a week after I submitted my resume, a Merkle HR representative contacted me. We set up a 30 minute interview for the following day. Nothing was really unexpected about this first call, although she did say she did not have any details about the day-to-day duties of the job and that if we moved onto the next phone interview, that particular person would have more details. She just asked questions about my resume and experience, as well as more specific questions about what elearning tools I had experience with. She said that she would like to set me up for the second interview and would contact me the next day. I waited, but no email or phone call came, so another day later I emailed her. She said that they had decided to fill the position internally and that she meant to send me a message sooner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult or unexpected for the first round of phone interviews.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Merkle is working with a department store on a credit card. Initial opening bonus paid to store, interest cost, annual fee etc. are given on a piece of paper. You'll need to calc the profit. And it's not profitable. So what's the BEP of opening bonus? What if we want to have a progressive opening bonus based on accounts opened? What's the curve of profit against accounts opened? Where's the highest point and how much?

Interview Questions

• You are CEO of a satellite TV company by the time when it's unpopular. What's the advantage and risk for this situation? Then you're given estimated revenue and cost(variable and fixed). Calc profitability. There are 2 ways to increase profit, 1 is to offer more free months and attract more customer, 1 is to reduce fixed cost but might reduce customer. Which is optimal? Where does the reduced customer and original proposal breakeven?   Answer Question

Data Science Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merkle in December 2014.

Interview

The person I talked with was quite a bit late. During the call, he seems quite distracted and did not pay much attention to the conversation - I even got a feeling I am talking to myself.

At the end, I asked what analytical tools they used for one of the projects. He first did not understand the question, and then poured the names of all the tools he knows of on me, as if he was not aware of details. Then I asked the same about different project, and the person answered something absolutely irrelevant, as if he has no idea about the job.

Interview Questions

Merkle Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We do our best to make sure our recruiters are prepared and informed. We apologize that you experienced differently and would still like to thank you for your time and interest in Merkle.

Talent Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY).

Interview

Efficient interview process. Couple of phone interviews and one onsite interview. You will be required to do a project review (presentation) during your onsite interview. The decision was the next day and the offer was few days after

Digital Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Scheduled time came and went, and no one called. Sent a follow up email to reschedule, no reply. Never heard from them again. In my experience the way a company treats you as a candidate is pretty indicative of how they'll treat you as an employee - can't say this was an encouraging experience.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Applied online, received a response from HR gal within a few days, asking for my availability for a call. 28 minutes later, I received an automated email rejection for the same role. I replied directly to the HR rep, letting her know my availability (assuming the auto-email may have been an oversight within their system). Two days later I received a follow-up email from the same HR rep, confirming the date/time for our call. 9 minutes later she replied again, saying "Disregard" because they will not be moving forward. One sentence. No explanation or apology for the confusion.

Wildly unprofessional and disrespectful of candidates. Reading some other comments here, it seems to be the norm for Merkle. Glad I didn't waste any time with the call. Amazing to me that a company doesn't understand basic professionalism in this day and age. Inexcusable.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle in January 2009.

Interview

I Interviewed with four different people, back to back, one after the other. It was pretty simple and straight to the point. It was mostly behavioral questions and not much else. I was applying for a low level analyst position so there weren't many technical questions. Just "do you know ______?" and I would answer yes or no. The facility was nice and they paid for lunch & the drive.