Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Paid Social Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

CV and Cover letter submitted online
    Telephone interview where hey pretty much went through my CV and then invited me in for the next stage, and told me to research paid Social

Face to face interview with two staff, I quickly realised that I didn't know enough for the interview but I tried anyway
    - Very nice looking place, young workforce and a genuine good feeling about it

Final stage would have been a call back to do a presentation with more staff (I didn't make it to this stage)

Interview Questions

• Why digital marketing   1 Answer
    • Why paid Social? What are it's advantages   1 Answer

Data Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly telephone interview with hiring manager. General questions regarding current work.

Second - face to face interview with hiring manager and peer. Unexpected test and troubleshooting difficult scenarios. Was not warned of this prior to interview. Having had regular contact with HR in before and after telephone interview and before face-to-face, I would get no response afterwards. No feedback at all.

Interview Questions

• What does the acronym ACID mean with regards to transactional databases?   1 Answer

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Interview

I was emailed to do a phone screening. We scheduled the screening to happen a few days later. 10 minutes before the screening, I get an email from the recruiter that this position has been filled.

Thanks for making me hold off going into work on time to take this interview just so your recruiter realized this position was filled. That was incredibly inconsiderate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

one phone interview by a senior analyst, then followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and 3 other teammembers. A project need to be presented in front of a group of 4.

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a followup email saying if they were interested I would hear something within three weeks. Over a month later an recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screening to learn more about my skills and discuss which entry level position I would be most successful in. The last portion was a two hour onsite interview with four employees. Everyone was very nice and most of the questions had to do with what I knew about SEO and my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something in your personal or professional life that you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR which led to a second interview with hiring manager. Third interview was 2 hour Skype with four team members scheduled for 1/2 hour with each person. HR followed up with me to ask my salary expectation and for three references. Never heard from HR again, even after I followed up a week later asking for status. If I take the time to interview, I deserve some feedback as to the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - why do you want to work here? Skillset, history, etc.   Answer Question

Paid Social Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- Telephone interview discussing CV, experience, education and general questions on Paid Social. Very relaxed and nice, nothing too hard.
    - Group interview with others. 5 minute speech on some personal questions and 1 chosen question on paid social. Group task regarding ordering items based on importance in a crisis situation. Again a very relaxed atmosphere and the interview conductors were lovely.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of paid social
      What is remarketing and how does it work
      Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process entailed a few interviews by phone followed by an in person. None of the phone interviews had any substance — Whatsoever. It was more like a meet and greet; a dog and pony show.

When I'm asked for free strategy in an interview, it illustrates that you have no intention of hiring me. Asking an impossible question may seem like a good idea IF I'm handling P/R or looking for a seat on the board. But for a paid search postion, it shows inexperience, terrible judgement, and a lack of any real leadership capabilty. Furthermore, the resumes of the people I would be managing were not brought or disclosed. She did not have the resumes because she had to ask for a copy of mind.

All of the interviews were conducted by young women who I found to be very insecure and far from experts. They could not ask me one relevant question that was reasonable. I kept waiting throughout the process but it never happened.

The real icing on the cake? No work/life balance. I had a senior director early on tell me there was work-life balance. During the in person interview, I had a wannabe say the opposite. I say wannabe because she thinks she's highly skilled. They have politicians for managers. When you have to deceive applicants, that tells you the environment will be toxic. "Disgraceful" is an appropriate term but I'm being kind.

Interview Questions

• A document was emailed asking me to show a campaign I worked on and what I did to improve performance.   1 Answer

Client Partner - GM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 months long process with little to no proactive follow ups. It seems like they don't care about candidates at all, makes me wonder if they treat employees the same way. No sense of urgency. No respect for people's time, and no one seems to be in charge of any decision making. Not much else to say. Four month long interview process is pathetic enough nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in us?   1 Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was given a phone interview. Recruiter seemed condescending most of the time. She said she would keep in touch but never called me back until I asked about my status a few weeks later.