Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.2

Advanced Analytics Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a referral that sent in my resume and they called me on the phone a few weeks later requesting an interview. I flew in and the interview was 3 hours long with short interviews with 5 people consisting of behavioral questions, a case study, and showcasing skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed during the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

After sending off a CV and cover letter, I had a telephone interview which led to an interview in their London offices (travel costs not reimbursed).
    We had to prepare timed answers to three questions: "who would you most like to meet?", "what is something on your bucket list?", "what is your most prized possession?", and any one from a list of ten Google Analytics-based questions we were given beforehand.
    The group interview had a friendly atmosphere, and after presenting our timed answers we were given a fairly generic team exercise to complete. We were then taken into another room for individual questions with two interviewers, a part of the interview we had not been told about beforehand. The questions were more CV-oriented as they had a copy of my CV on the table, but I was grilled particularly hard about my "previous experiences with data," which, as my CV clearly showed, I did not have. As the requirements for the scheme were any degree course and level of experience (or lack thereof), I felt as though this was slightly unfair and that applicants should be told they require prior experience before applying for the job. Other than that, the interview experience was largely positive and we were made to feel very welcome.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

The recruiter got in touch with me to schedule a phone screening, which was then rescheduled twice. Then they called two hours late and left a message. I called back 5 minutes after receiving the call and sent an email about 10 minutes later, but haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

• We didn't get in to much because there's wasn't an opportunity   Answer Question

Programmatic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a group interivew, with 2 people giving us a presentation of the company, and then we had to answer 3 questions that we were given in advance, then we had to answer 1 programmatic question, also given in advance. then had a group survival exercise. this carried on for a long time, and then we had a surprise one on one interview. The interviewers were very interested in what we were saying, and looked like they didn't want to be there which was very off-putting.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

It is a very Intense process where you meet with at least 7 people individually and then you are required to give a presentation to a large group. After the process, they vote on whether to hire you and if two or more people say no, then you are not hired.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the Account Director that would be my boss. Everything was very positive and they each told me that I would be a good fit. Then, I met with the Account Director and another Accounts team member for coffee and to further discuss the job role. Again, I was assured that I was a good fit. Two weeks later, I received a call from a different recruiter letting me know that the team went in a different direction. I did not receive an offer.

Junior PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

interview turn around was quick with in one week I had been phone screened along with two inperson interviews.

I was told in the beginning they were moving quick with this role. As I was keen I made them top priority to attend the interviews at short notice.

I then waited two days to be informed ' I have bad news I’m afraid – the PA role has been put on hold until the end of October. Really sorry about this but it is a decision that has been made by the senior management over in the US.'

When I asked if I was still being considered I didn't receive a response. This was not constructive at all and I would not recommend Merkle in the future.

Interview Questions

• Predictable, ' why do you want to leave your current company? '   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merkle (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews since there are so many people who are a part of the interview process. They do a panel interview where a ton of people are a part of the interview and then discuss how you would fit in the company (work, culture, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone call. After the first phone call I followed up, but the recruiter didn't responded. After 3 weeks I still haven't heard back from the recruiter.

Senior Director, Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather rigorous. There was a phone screening with HR, followed by a phone screening by my future colleague. After passing the phone screenings, I had a phone interview with the head of New Business although I was interviewing for an Account Management role. The all day in-person interviews took place after. I met with members of the business development, research and strategy and analysis and account teams. The last part of the day included a presentation. I actually had more of a meet and greet with the hiring manager/head of Digital Account Management last, where I received a verbal offer.