Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR via email about the position. Had an initial phone interview with HR about my background, salary expectation, etc. Got an email the same day for a phone interview with a lead analyst. The interviewer asked questions for more details regarding my experience on my resume that is related to the job description. Overall, it went well. The following week HR followed up again for an onsite interview invite. It was a mixed type including technical, behavioral and case. Had 5 interviewers and all of them were very nice and professional during the whole interview process. The behavioral interview session was about determining whether you are a fit based on company culture, vision and values. I felt that Merkle provides a work environment that allows the employees to work happily. Overall, the whole interview process was very smooth and HR followed up in a timely, professional way in every stage. Even though I didn't get an offer in the end, I got notified of the final decision very soon.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online and doing a straightforward phone screening, I went to their office for an onsite interview. I was interviewed twice by two different pairs. Each interview was about an hour and a half to two hours long. In addition to questions about my background and experiences, I was asked to solve problems on the board and on the computer.

Senior Account Manager, Email Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Little Rock, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Received invitation for phone screen from recruiter almost 2 weeks after applying to a position in their Little Rock location (I was a remote candidate who would relocate). Was a fairly standard phone screen asking about my experiences. Rejected not even 2 days later. Since I was not given a chance beyond this, I don't really have much opinion on the entire process to provide. They do have a planned interview process that you can see more on by visiting their website careers section.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interview.
    1) With recruiter, behavioral questions.
    2) With a director, behavioral questions.
    3) With someone on the team, tech questions about SAS, SQL and Statistics.

The tech phone screening interview covered SAS, SQL and Statistics knowledge and I was not fully prepared for that. Not too difficult, and the interviewers are very nice.

And I assume that my experience and skills are not a perfect match.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle.
      How would you replace all missing values by zero in a very large SAS dataset.
      Answer Question

Senior Director of Testing & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was very easy and straightforward. They are essentially tapping into your skill sets to determine fit. The other group interviews are much more in-depth with a mix of peers and management. In the end you actually have to do a presentation.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

5 rounds starts from phone interviews and ends at power point presentation to 5-6 people(these people also
    Interview you one on one, on one single day, before you give an hour long presentation that very day). So overall it's intense !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than what I asked.

Lead Interview

Interview

HR team is great but the interviewing team does not know what they really want. Seems the interviewing team is very insecure about their own job so they don't want to hire. They will keep on talking about how many years of experience they have and how many years they have been in the company. I got a negative vibe after speaking to them.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

The process was somewhat relaxed, but interviewed by a staff who knew the position front to back. It was a very smooth process from start to finish. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends after seeing the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential role model in your life right now?   Answer Question

Analytic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

All day interview basically. Called on very short notice with not even a day's time. Impossible to do good or be prepared for interview when notice is this short. Not even any time to study job description. It was bound to be bad. No other company does that.

Interview Questions

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your interview experience. We apologize if you felt rushed and unprepared for the interview, but we move very quickly to fill our roles and like to schedule ... More

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

After a few emails from a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn, had a pleasant phone conversation with her. Balanced chat between what she wanted to know about me and what I wanted to know about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked directly, in this phone screening, how much I was making currently.   1 Answer