Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Interviews at Merkle

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview. It was mainly technical with questions from previous projects and experience. More emphasis was on Databases and Java. Questions were very basic like SQL queries, joins, indexes, and small database design. Also questions on generics, hash tables, and arraylists from Java.

Interview Questions

• 1) Question from academic projects on Algorithms. What is the need for graph algorithms?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

The recruiter got in touch with me to schedule a phone screening, which was then rescheduled twice. Then they called two hours late and left a message. I called back 5 minutes after receiving the call and sent an email about 10 minutes later, but haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

• We didn't get in to much because there's wasn't an opportunity   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied to his position via their website. Two weeks later I received a call from HR to arrange a telephonic interview. I was expecting the interview for Statistical/Marketing analyst position. But they interviewed me for a SAS programmer position. The HR rescheduled the interview for statistical analyst position. HR was very prompt in email communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain how marketing campaigns are designed and executed? Suppose you are given a 5k budget and want to launch a marketing campaign, how would you do it? Assume the usual response rate is 10%.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly group. Straightforward about the problem they are facing. Hiring manager is awesome, he give me a cheat sheet beforehand, listing every interviewer's personality and favorites; he is also helping me fighting for better title and better salary.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle in November 2014.

Interview

I had 6 personal interviews, and then had to give a presentation to the group as to why I should be hired for the position. It was a great way to go about interviewing as I got to know a lot of the players in the department before making the presentation. I was very comfortable giving the presentation and my experience was well received by everyone. Thankfully they all voted to bring me on.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you had to deal with a smart person who did not know how to do simple tasks.   Answer Question

Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

how do you see your weakness

Interview Questions

Negotiation

time management and multiple work

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

routine questions, people ask you to recite the book, you can see how stubborn the people there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

A couple phone screens and than an all day on site series of 7 interviews and a 45 minute presentation...levels running from directors to SVP. Questions ranged from perceptions of previous bosses to problem solving...how would you handle certain analytic situations

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interview.
    1) With recruiter, behavioral questions.
    2) With a director, behavioral questions.
    3) With someone on the team, tech questions about SAS, SQL and Statistics.

The tech phone screening interview covered SAS, SQL and Statistics knowledge and I was not fully prepared for that. Not too difficult, and the interviewers are very nice.

And I assume that my experience and skills are not a perfect match.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle.
      How would you replace all missing values by zero in a very large SAS dataset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR via email about the position. Had an initial phone interview with HR about my background, salary expectation, etc. Got an email the same day for a phone interview with a lead analyst. The interviewer asked questions for more details regarding my experience on my resume that is related to the job description. Overall, it went well. The following week HR followed up again for an onsite interview invite. It was a mixed type including technical, behavioral and case. Had 5 interviewers and all of them were very nice and professional during the whole interview process. The behavioral interview session was about determining whether you are a fit based on company culture, vision and values. I felt that Merkle provides a work environment that allows the employees to work happily. Overall, the whole interview process was very smooth and HR followed up in a timely, professional way in every stage. Even though I didn't get an offer in the end, I got notified of the final decision very soon.