Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.2

Digital Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Scheduled time came and went, and no one called. Sent a follow up email to reschedule, no reply. Never heard from them again. In my experience the way a company treats you as a candidate is pretty indicative of how they'll treat you as an employee - can't say this was an encouraging experience.

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR which led to a second interview with hiring manager. Third interview was 2 hour Skype with four team members scheduled for 1/2 hour with each person. HR followed up with me to ask my salary expectation and for three references. Never heard from HR again, even after I followed up a week later asking for status. If I take the time to interview, I deserve some feedback as to the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - why do you want to work here? Skillset, history, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a followup email saying if they were interested I would hear something within three weeks. Over a month later an recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screening to learn more about my skills and discuss which entry level position I would be most successful in. The last portion was a two hour onsite interview with four employees. Everyone was very nice and most of the questions had to do with what I knew about SEO and my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something in your personal or professional life that you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screening. The questions were purely technical - not behavioral, the recruiter was silent except when questioning, and was entirely uninterested in anything other than the specific answer sought. There was no room for divergence.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle? Have you done reports in Google Analytics?   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter at my school's career fair in September of 2016. A week later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview for the SEM position. A few weeks later, I attended a shadow day at their office through my university, and realized I like the SEO aspect better. Weeks passed, and I heard nothing from the recruiter. Finally, around November, I contacted asking about next steps, and she informed me that it would be a month or so until any further decisions could be made. In January of 2017, I received an email saying that they wanted me to come into the office for a two-hour long interview with four team members. That Friday I had a great interview with four managers, and I thought it had gone well. I expected to hear something within the next week or so, and the recruiter reached out explaining that they were still in the interviewing process. A month or so went by, and I reached out about the hiring process. After sending one last email in April, I gave up on any hope with the company. Although the recruiter always answered my emails in a timely and professional manner (which I very much appreciated), she would always tell me that they were still hiring or hoping to make a decision soon. Long story short, I would have rather just been denied, rather then been given the run around.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process entailed a few interviews by phone followed by an in person. None of the phone interviews had any substance — Whatsoever. It was more like a meet and greet; a dog and pony show.

When I'm asked for free strategy in an interview, it illustrates that you have no intention of hiring me. Asking an impossible question may seem like a good idea IF I'm handling P/R or looking for a seat on the board. But for a paid search postion, it shows inexperience, terrible judgement, and a lack of any real leadership capabilty. Furthermore, the resumes of the people I would be managing were not brought or disclosed. She did not have the resumes because she had to ask for a copy of mind.

All of the interviews were conducted by young women who I found to be very insecure and far from experts. They could not ask me one relevant question that was reasonable. I kept waiting throughout the process but it never happened.

The real icing on the cake? No work/life balance. I had a senior director early on tell me there was work-life balance. During the in person interview, I had a wannabe say the opposite. I say wannabe because she thinks she's highly skilled. They have politicians for managers. When you have to deceive applicants, that tells you the environment will be toxic. "Disgraceful" is an appropriate term but I'm being kind.

Interview Questions

• A document was emailed asking me to show a campaign I worked on and what I did to improve performance.   1 Answer

Media Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merkle (State College, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round is a phone interview. Unfortunately, they did not follow up with an interview. I was very disappointed in the professionalism of the company, regardless if they wanted to move on to second round.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the understanding of the position that I was applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter with basic questions such as Why do you want this job, what do you know about the company and then specific questions about your technical qualifications. Since they do on-the-job training they don't expect you to be an expert in the field, but do expect some background preparation. The actual in-person interview was done in two rounds by 4 people total. I was expecting a lot of numbers/logic questions, but there really weren't many curveballs. Just be prepared with answers for most basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Talk about a time you had a conflict at work. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What analytics tools are you familiar with? What's your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Recruiter found me. Took weeks for interviews with multiple reschedules and cancels from them. Interviews were rushed and unorganized. In the panel interview half the panel was remote and sounded like they were multitasking. They had me presenting but asked so many questions I had 5 minutes for the actual presentation and the panel lead didn't know how to use the laptop. The questions and feedback showed a lack of understanding of the work related to the position from the panel. Questions were generic and unoriginal. Disappointing experience overall.

Client Partner - GM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 months long process with little to no proactive follow ups. It seems like they don't care about candidates at all, makes me wonder if they treat employees the same way. No sense of urgency. No respect for people's time, and no one seems to be in charge of any decision making. Not much else to say. Four month long interview process is pathetic enough nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in us?   1 Answer