Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

It was a phone interview, so I was expecting a phone screening to discuss my experiences and where I would fit within the company based on the openings. But it was a normal interview, not a screening. They asked questions about what I knew about the company, why I want to work there, etc. typical interview questions, so do your homework about Merkle and be prepared even though it is just a phone interview!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Good interview experience. I had to do puzzles for the interviewers as part of my interview process, which was surprising at the time, but gave me a good chance to show my skills off. It was a long interview process in general but was generally thorough so I found that to be helpful from a job seeking perspective.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had conflict in your work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 4 weeks - one phone interview and then an in-person interview at the Pittsburgh office. Received my offer within 3 days of the final interview.
     The first part of the interview was a panel of four employees asking a mix of typical behavioral questions and job-specific questions. The interviewers were very engaged and and probed a lot about my projects, internships and job experiences. Very conversational.
    The second part of the interview was a puzzle/problem solving activity directly related to the job responsibilities. It was challenging but the one interviewer who facilitated the activity was helpful and explained directions clearly. The point of this part of the interview is less focused on how well or quickly you complete it and more focused on how you employ critical and strategic thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What part of your previous job experience do you think translates to being successful here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a Recruiter from the HQ in MD called me within 2-3 days after that. We set up a phone interview to follow about a week later. She asked me the standard questions about my resume and we ran through all the things that I had completed since college. She was extremely nice, encouraging and helpful throughout there process. Wither it was a gimmick to make me want to work for the company or if se was being quinine about working for Merkle it worked and I was hooked and really wanted this job after. She told me she would then take her notes to her hiring managers and discuss fruiting my advancement within the hiring process of Merkle. 3 days later I received an email back saying that they wanted to me to come to Charlottesville for an onsite interview. I was then brought to an onsite interview in Charlottesville for about 2.5 hours. The first step in the process was a tour of the facility which is an awesome place to work in it seems. Then I was brought to a room where I sat with 2 women who drilled me with questions about my resume and experience. Halfway through they had me complete a puzzle that so that they could see my thought process behind my work. At the end they made me ask the questions of about 5 minutes. I was then taken into another room where the exact same scenario ensued with just two new people. Practically the same questions just a different puzzle than the first one at the end. After the two interview session I was then brought into a conference type room where I was required to present on a project that I had previously completed. They give you a guidelines of what they want you to present on before you arrive on your interview so I incorporated all of it into the presentation I had give. I left that day feeling very confident that I was going to get an offer from the company because they do a very good job making you feel welcome and on board and why would they take so much of their own personal work time to do this if they didn't want to hire you in the first place. A little less than a week later I was contacted via email by the recruiter to be told I had not been chosen for the position. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and if I got a job elsewhere and got some experience under my belt I would highly consider switching to this company just for their culture and zest for new media brilliance that they bring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at this company? Describe a project you completed? Describe a difficult situation you were put in and how you overcame it? Tell us about a time where you had to analyze a project after its completion? Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult person on a project and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a good experience and got a true sense of the type of company we are. We value your time and continued interest in our company. Stay in touch!

Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager twice and higher level managers and potential coworkers. Have to give a presentation on a project that you have done in a previous role. Even after you go through this entire process, they will not talk to you at all if they decide not to hire you.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I only had a brief call (phone screen) that wasn't going anywhere so we jointly decided it wasn't a fit. The questions were less about account management, strategy and client relations and more focused on whether or not I could write a creative brief and have done mail campaigns.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you consider writing briefs to be one of your strengths? Are you familiar with campaigns?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went for an onsite interview in Chicago and was interviewed by 4 people from out of state locations on Skype. There was no one to greet me except for the receptionist who let me use her laptop to get on Skype.
    I prepared a presentation. They asked me to e-mail it to them.
    It's been three weeks. I haven't heard back.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The on-site interview process was overall a good one. The 2 interviews were friendly. First they started with General questions then got gradually more specific as the interview went on. Interview took about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are in the US?   2 Answers

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via their corporate website, got an email to schedule phone interview from their HR dept, had phone interview w/HR rep. We quickly determined my skill set was a bit broad for the type of linear work this position would entail. Very nice HR rep, good communication re: setting up interview, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Fill out an application and get notified of interview. Had a phone interview with one manager then was brought on site for more interviews. Interviewed with three managers onsite for about 3 hours. Was offered position before I left that day so it was nice overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group you worked in where there was conflict?   Answer Question