Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via their corporate website, got an email to schedule phone interview from their HR dept, had phone interview w/HR rep. We quickly determined my skill set was a bit broad for the type of linear work this position would entail. Very nice HR rep, good communication re: setting up interview, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Fill out an application and get notified of interview. Had a phone interview with one manager then was brought on site for more interviews. Interviewed with three managers onsite for about 3 hours. Was offered position before I left that day so it was nice overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group you worked in where there was conflict?   Answer Question

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The internal recruiter and people with whom I met at Merkle were wonderful. I met 6 people over a period of almost 4 weeks only to be told at the very end (after a 3-hour interview) that they wanted to give me the job but were told they had to hire from within the company. They were going to move someone from another location to SF but hadn't decided who yet. Why list a job and put someone through the interview process if they don't stand a chance? It's disrespectful and a waste of someone's time and efforts. I thought more of Merkle as a company. That really sucked.

Media Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Three different rounds which allow you to speak with many different members of the team and learn more about the position. They are a bit to casual during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you format ads to specifically target audiences?   1 Answer

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter then phone screen by 3-5 business leaders and potential sales peers. Grueling on site interview that requires a presentation of a project review or big win. Took 2-3 weeks to get collective feedback from recruiter on overall summary of the group. Took another month to get an offer from there.

Interview Questions

• How will you be successful with limited experience in the martech space?   Answer Question

Talent Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY).

Interview

Efficient interview process. Couple of phone interviews and one onsite interview. You will be required to do a project review (presentation) during your onsite interview. The decision was the next day and the offer was few days after

Accounts Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial contact was by email. I met once with the hiring manager. The questions asked were abstract "what-if" questions focused on interpersonal skills and my ability to get the job done in an environment that is constantly changing through acquisition and seems perpetually understaffed. The interview lasted an hour but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have I counseled employees regarding performance?   Answer Question
    • How will I prepare the team for an upcoming software change?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly group. Straightforward about the problem they are facing. Hiring manager is awesome, he give me a cheat sheet beforehand, listing every interviewer's personality and favorites; he is also helping me fighting for better title and better salary.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied with my resume on LinkedIn. I then got a phone call from a recruiter who did a basic phone screen then put me on to the next step with the hiring manager. The company offered to pay mileage and parking for the interview. The hiring manager wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview, which you can read about on their website. It was very similar to what the described. After the interview I wrote individual followups to the five people I met and submitted my expense report. Nobody called me to tell me that I did or didn't get the job. A followup to the initial recruiter was ignored. I did get my expenses back about 6 weeks after the interview, but I received no other communication from Merkle. I am giving them a negative over all experience because they said they would get back to me quickly and they did not get back to me at all. This was a full day out of my schedule and my PTO from my current job--the least they could do is reject me.

Interview Questions

• The position above you is open? Why haven't you applied?   1 Answer

Merkle Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We will be sure to address this with the Recruiting Team and make sure each candidate receives appropriate and timely follow-up, as deserved. We ... More

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

5 steps with skill test, case analysis, project presentation, behavior questions and a lunch conversation.
    Presentation is the most important part, normally 2-3 person will interview you.
    The skill test part is not very important.