Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.2

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

5 rounds starts from phone interviews and ends at power point presentation to 5-6 people(these people also
    Interview you one on one, on one single day, before you give an hour long presentation that very day). So overall it's intense !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than what I asked.

Lead Interview

Interview

HR team is great but the interviewing team does not know what they really want. Seems the interviewing team is very insecure about their own job so they don't want to hire. They will keep on talking about how many years of experience they have and how many years they have been in the company. I got a negative vibe after speaking to them.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

The process was somewhat relaxed, but interviewed by a staff who knew the position front to back. It was a very smooth process from start to finish. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends after seeing the interview process alone.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential role model in your life right now?   Answer Question

Analytic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

All day interview basically. Called on very short notice with not even a day's time. Impossible to do good or be prepared for interview when notice is this short. Not even any time to study job description. It was bound to be bad. No other company does that.

Interview Questions

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your interview experience. We apologize if you felt rushed and unprepared for the interview, but we move very quickly to fill our roles and like to schedule... More

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

After a few emails from a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn, had a pleasant phone conversation with her. Balanced chat between what she wanted to know about me and what I wanted to know about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked directly, in this phone screening, how much I was making currently.   1 Answer

Advanced Analytics Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a referral that sent in my resume and they called me on the phone a few weeks later requesting an interview. I flew in and the interview was 3 hours long with short interviews with 5 people consisting of behavioral questions, a case study, and showcasing skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed during the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

It was a phone interview, so I was expecting a phone screening to discuss my experiences and where I would fit within the company based on the openings. But it was a normal interview, not a screening. They asked questions about what I knew about the company, why I want to work there, etc. typical interview questions, so do your homework about Merkle and be prepared even though it is just a phone interview!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Good interview experience. I had to do puzzles for the interviewers as part of my interview process, which was surprising at the time, but gave me a good chance to show my skills off. It was a long interview process in general but was generally thorough so I found that to be helpful from a job seeking perspective.

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 4 weeks - one phone interview and then an in-person interview at the Pittsburgh office. Received my offer within 3 days of the final interview.
     The first part of the interview was a panel of four employees asking a mix of typical behavioral questions and job-specific questions. The interviewers were very engaged and and probed a lot about my projects, internships and job experiences. Very conversational.
    The second part of the interview was a puzzle/problem solving activity directly related to the job responsibilities. It was challenging but the one interviewer who facilitated the activity was helpful and explained directions clearly. The point of this part of the interview is less focused on how well or quickly you complete it and more focused on how you employ critical and strategic thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What part of your previous job experience do you think translates to being successful here?   Answer Question

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. I fly out to Pittsburgh and have a full day of interviews. 3 or 4 different interviews got canceled and 1 person (director) showed up for my SEO presentation that they had me prepare days before. Before I started she claimed she'd have to leave halfway through for a client meeting. No one watched the presentation.

Glad I don't work there as Merkle and other "marketing agencies" are giving digital marketing a bad name.

Interview Questions

• Is it ok that you put all this time into an SEO presentation and I'm going to walk out of it?   Answer Question