Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.2

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a Recruiter from the HQ in MD called me within 2-3 days after that. We set up a phone interview to follow about a week later. She asked me the standard questions about my resume and we ran through all the things that I had completed since college. She was extremely nice, encouraging and helpful throughout there process. Wither it was a gimmick to make me want to work for the company or if se was being quinine about working for Merkle it worked and I was hooked and really wanted this job after. She told me she would then take her notes to her hiring managers and discuss fruiting my advancement within the hiring process of Merkle. 3 days later I received an email back saying that they wanted to me to come to Charlottesville for an onsite interview. I was then brought to an onsite interview in Charlottesville for about 2.5 hours. The first step in the process was a tour of the facility which is an awesome place to work in it seems. Then I was brought to a room where I sat with 2 women who drilled me with questions about my resume and experience. Halfway through they had me complete a puzzle that so that they could see my thought process behind my work. At the end they made me ask the questions of about 5 minutes. I was then taken into another room where the exact same scenario ensued with just two new people. Practically the same questions just a different puzzle than the first one at the end. After the two interview session I was then brought into a conference type room where I was required to present on a project that I had previously completed. They give you a guidelines of what they want you to present on before you arrive on your interview so I incorporated all of it into the presentation I had give. I left that day feeling very confident that I was going to get an offer from the company because they do a very good job making you feel welcome and on board and why would they take so much of their own personal work time to do this if they didn't want to hire you in the first place. A little less than a week later I was contacted via email by the recruiter to be told I had not been chosen for the position. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and if I got a job elsewhere and got some experience under my belt I would highly consider switching to this company just for their culture and zest for new media brilliance that they bring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at this company? Describe a project you completed? Describe a difficult situation you were put in and how you overcame it? Tell us about a time where you had to analyze a project after its completion? Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult person on a project and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a good experience and got a true sense of the type of company we are. We value your time and continued interest in our company. Stay in touch!

Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager twice and higher level managers and potential coworkers. Have to give a presentation on a project that you have done in a previous role. Even after you go through this entire process, they will not talk to you at all if they decide not to hire you.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I only had a brief call (phone screen) that wasn't going anywhere so we jointly decided it wasn't a fit. The questions were less about account management, strategy and client relations and more focused on whether or not I could write a creative brief and have done mail campaigns.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you consider writing briefs to be one of your strengths? Are you familiar with campaigns?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I went for an onsite interview in Chicago and was interviewed by 4 people from out of state locations on Skype. There was no one to greet me except for the receptionist who let me use her laptop to get on Skype.
    I prepared a presentation. They asked me to e-mail it to them.
    It's been three weeks. I haven't heard back.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The on-site interview process was overall a good one. The 2 interviews were friendly. First they started with General questions then got gradually more specific as the interview went on. Interview took about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are in the US?   2 Answers

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via their corporate website, got an email to schedule phone interview from their HR dept, had phone interview w/HR rep. We quickly determined my skill set was a bit broad for the type of linear work this position would entail. Very nice HR rep, good communication re: setting up interview, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Fill out an application and get notified of interview. Had a phone interview with one manager then was brought on site for more interviews. Interviewed with three managers onsite for about 3 hours. Was offered position before I left that day so it was nice overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group you worked in where there was conflict?   Answer Question

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The internal recruiter and people with whom I met at Merkle were wonderful. I met 6 people over a period of almost 4 weeks only to be told at the very end (after a 3-hour interview) that they wanted to give me the job but were told they had to hire from within the company. They were going to move someone from another location to SF but hadn't decided who yet. Why list a job and put someone through the interview process if they don't stand a chance? It's disrespectful and a waste of someone's time and efforts. I thought more of Merkle as a company. That really sucked.

Media Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Three different rounds which allow you to speak with many different members of the team and learn more about the position. They are a bit to casual during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you format ads to specifically target audiences?   1 Answer

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter then phone screen by 3-5 business leaders and potential sales peers. Grueling on site interview that requires a presentation of a project review or big win. Took 2-3 weeks to get collective feedback from recruiter on overall summary of the group. Took another month to get an offer from there.

Interview Questions

• How will you be successful with limited experience in the martech space?   Answer Question