Merkle Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Manager Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Recruiter found me. Took weeks for interviews with multiple reschedules and cancels from them. Interviews were rushed and unorganized. In the panel interview half the panel was remote and sounded like they were multitasking. They had me presenting but asked so many questions I had 5 minutes for the actual presentation and the panel lead didn't know how to use the laptop. The questions and feedback showed a lack of understanding of the work related to the position from the panel. Questions were generic and unoriginal. Disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Good interview experience. I had to do puzzles for the interviewers as part of my interview process, which was surprising at the time, but gave me a good chance to show my skills off. It was a long interview process in general but was generally thorough so I found that to be helpful from a job seeking perspective.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had conflict in your work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very unique. Every prospective employee is expected to give a presentation to a group of interviewers. It was also a much quicker interview process- you meet with the entire team over the course of one or two days. The team then has a caucus and determines if you'll be hired within a few days after your completed interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position and join Merkle?   1 Answer

Merkle Response

May 11, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for leaving your feedback and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position posted on Merkle's website in late December and was contacted via email to setup a phone screen in January.

Phone screen was with the supervisor of the position and went well. She told me that HR would email me to setup an interview. At the end of the call, she mentioned the presentation that is required during the interview process.

HR contacted me asking for dates I was available. They setup the interview for late February due to month end close and the on-going year end audit.

I interviewed with 2 employees who would be direct reports to the position, a peer and the supervisor who was a Director. I was to interview with the VP/Controller but she was travelling on business. They allotted a 1/2 hour with each person. We were able to go over since the VP would not be interviewing me. I found that even with 40-45 minutes I did not have as much time as I would have liked with each person. Everyone seemed thoroughly enthusiastic and praised Merkle. The Director conducted her interview over lunch and then I gave my presentation.

HR emailed me that day to come back the following week for an interview with the VP during lunch. She escorted me to the Director afterwards where I could ask additional questions. The Director stated she would get back to me either that day or the next.

She called the next day to offer me the job and I accepted.

Overall, the process was very organized and they made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions. They asked a lot of questions so you really need to know yourself and what you bring to the table. I understood the position and what I would be doing so I could focus on those aspects of my experience when discussing the benefits of hiring me.
      The hardest part for me was the presentation. As an Accountant, I am used to presenting numbers to people who have a vested interest in the company. I did not think these people would be interested in numbers for another company. I chose a leadership topic involving mentoring employees and managing the project. It seemed to do the trick.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary. The offer was well worth the transition.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Of course Merkle, like others does phone screening but once you get past that, the process seems to move fairly quickly. I was phone screened and brought in the next week on site. I interviewed with quite a few folks from the teams close to the new role, including of course my would be manager and Vice President. Unique process where it seems that they really want to get to know you well, and evaluate your experience but your demeanor and almost more importantly your personality. most of my interviews were more of conversations. Part of the process is a presentation to the interview team. At first glance it seems like a little overboard but after doing it and getting the feedback, I feel like it was a valuable component for my evaluation.

One of the best things about the interview process is that they get back to you within a few days, for me it was the next day to give me the news

Interview Questions

• General questions to gauge my abilities, experiences and fit within the role and the company   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle in January 2008.

Interview

Onsite interview, onsite presentation