Merkle Media Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Media Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Merkle

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 4 weeks - one phone interview and then an in-person interview at the Pittsburgh office. Received my offer within 3 days of the final interview.
 The first part of the interview was a panel of four employees asking a mix of typical behavioral questions and job-specific questions. The interviewers were very engaged and and probed a lot about my projects, internships and job experiences. Very conversational.
The second part of the interview was a puzzle/problem solving activity directly related to the job responsibilities. It was challenging but the one interviewer who facilitated the activity was helpful and explained directions clearly. The point of this part of the interview is less focused on how well or quickly you complete it and more focused on how you employ critical and strategic thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What part of your previous job experience do you think translates to being successful here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a short 20 min phone call with the recruiter who just asked very basic questions about my background and my interest in the role. I had another basic 20 min phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later where I again detailed my experience/interest, and then was contacted that evening via email to schedule an onsite interview with the whole team. They keep you very informed and the process moved very quickly for me. For the onsite interview, I had to prepare a presentation that detailed a past project I worked on, successes/challenges from that project, and why it's relevant to the position I applied for. I gave the presentation to 4 people total. After the presentation, you interview separately with each of the team members for 30 minutes. 3 of the team members asked me basic interview questions about my experience/interest and only took up about half of their allotted time. The last person I interviewed with asked me all of the situational/ behavioral questions (i.e. "tell me about a time when..."). I heard back about their decision the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new. How did you handle this?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

It was a phone interview, so I was expecting a phone screening to discuss my experiences and where I would fit within the company based on the openings. But it was a normal interview, not a screening. They asked questions about what I knew about the company, why I want to work there, etc. typical interview questions, so do your homework about Merkle and be prepared even though it is just a phone interview!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a Recruiter from the HQ in MD called me within 2-3 days after that. We set up a phone interview to follow about a week later. She asked me the standard questions about my resume and we ran through all the things that I had completed since college. She was extremely nice, encouraging and helpful throughout there process. Wither it was a gimmick to make me want to work for the company or if se was being quinine about working for Merkle it worked and I was hooked and really wanted this job after. She told me she would then take her notes to her hiring managers and discuss fruiting my advancement within the hiring process of Merkle. 3 days later I received an email back saying that they wanted to me to come to Charlottesville for an onsite interview. I was then brought to an onsite interview in Charlottesville for about 2.5 hours. The first step in the process was a tour of the facility which is an awesome place to work in it seems. Then I was brought to a room where I sat with 2 women who drilled me with questions about my resume and experience. Halfway through they had me complete a puzzle that so that they could see my thought process behind my work. At the end they made me ask the questions of about 5 minutes. I was then taken into another room where the exact same scenario ensued with just two new people. Practically the same questions just a different puzzle than the first one at the end. After the two interview session I was then brought into a conference type room where I was required to present on a project that I had previously completed. They give you a guidelines of what they want you to present on before you arrive on your interview so I incorporated all of it into the presentation I had give. I left that day feeling very confident that I was going to get an offer from the company because they do a very good job making you feel welcome and on board and why would they take so much of their own personal work time to do this if they didn't want to hire you in the first place. A little less than a week later I was contacted via email by the recruiter to be told I had not been chosen for the position. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and if I got a job elsewhere and got some experience under my belt I would highly consider switching to this company just for their culture and zest for new media brilliance that they bring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at this company? Describe a project you completed? Describe a difficult situation you were put in and how you overcame it? Tell us about a time where you had to analyze a project after its completion? Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult person on a project and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Merkle Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a good experience and got a true sense of the type of company we are. We value your time and continued interest in our company. Stay in touch!