Merkle SEO Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle SEO Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Merkle

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

The process began with a very short & pleasant conversation with a recruiter who seemed genuinely confident that I could be successful at Merkle. I initially applied for 2 different positions and I was notified within a day that I'd be moving forward with the SEO position and was invited to come on-site for an interview. I was asked to complete a short assessment activity that involved developing a simple, high-level SEO strategy.

The onsite interview was very relaxed. It lasted about 2 hours - first was with 3 senior managers and the second was with the director and another senior manager. The tone was very conversational, and I left feeling very good about my experience. Everyone from the recruiter to the director was incredibly friendly and supportive. I received a verbal offer the following day! Definitely the best interview experience I've had yet!

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your comfort level with Excel?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you were in conflict with you team members and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • How would you personally define SEO?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a followup email saying if they were interested I would hear something within three weeks. Over a month later an recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screening to learn more about my skills and discuss which entry level position I would be most successful in. The last portion was a two hour onsite interview with four employees. Everyone was very nice and most of the questions had to do with what I knew about SEO and my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something in your personal or professional life that you are passionate about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter with basic questions such as Why do you want this job, what do you know about the company and then specific questions about your technical qualifications. Since they do on-the-job training they don't expect you to be an expert in the field, but do expect some background preparation. The actual in-person interview was done in two rounds by 4 people total. I was expecting a lot of numbers/logic questions, but there really weren't many curveballs. Just be prepared with answers for most basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Talk about a time you had a conflict at work. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What analytics tools are you familiar with? What's your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screening. The questions were purely technical - not behavioral, the recruiter was silent except when questioning, and was entirely uninterested in anything other than the specific answer sought. There was no room for divergence.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle? Have you done reports in Google Analytics?   Answer Question