Merkle SEO Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle SEO Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Merkle

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merkle (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter at my school's career fair in September of 2016. A week later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview for the SEM position. A few weeks later, I attended a shadow day at their office through my university, and realized I like the SEO aspect better. Weeks passed, and I heard nothing from the recruiter. Finally, around November, I contacted asking about next steps, and she informed me that it would be a month or so until any further decisions could be made. In January of 2017, I received an email saying that they wanted me to come into the office for a two-hour long interview with four team members. That Friday I had a great interview with four managers, and I thought it had gone well. I expected to hear something within the next week or so, and the recruiter reached out explaining that they were still in the interviewing process. A month or so went by, and I reached out about the hiring process. After sending one last email in April, I gave up on any hope with the company. Although the recruiter always answered my emails in a timely and professional manner (which I very much appreciated), she would always tell me that they were still hiring or hoping to make a decision soon. Long story short, I would have rather just been denied, rather then been given the run around.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

SEO Specialist Interview

Interview

First, a phone interview with the recruiter, asking general questions such as desire starting date. Then a phone interview with the search director. However, the recruiter messed up with SEO & SEM, so I interviewed twice on phone before they invited me to an on-site interview.
    The in-perosn interview has 2 rounds with 2 people each. They asked more about past jobs and behavioral questions.

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring managers were all very responsive and kept in contact regularly. They were also promptly responsive to questions. The whole process took about a month. Questions were largely behavioral with some details about related experience. It seems like they’re looking mostly for appropriate skills and tendencies for the role. Overall, the whole experience was really positive.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Merkle and SEO?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you took initiative to improve a process in a or task in a formal role.   Answer Question