Merkle Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process entailed a few interviews by phone followed by an in person. None of the phone interviews had any substance — Whatsoever. It was more like a meet and greet; a dog and pony show.

When I'm asked for free strategy in an interview, it illustrates that you have no intention of hiring me. Asking an impossible question may seem like a good idea IF I'm handling P/R or looking for a seat on the board. But for a paid search postion, it shows inexperience, terrible judgement, and a lack of any real leadership capabilty. Furthermore, the resumes of the people I would be managing were not brought or disclosed. She did not have the resumes because she had to ask for a copy of mind.

All of the interviews were conducted by young women who I found to be very insecure and far from experts. They could not ask me one relevant question that was reasonable. I kept waiting throughout the process but it never happened.

The real icing on the cake? No work/life balance. I had a senior director early on tell me there was work-life balance. During the in person interview, I had a wannabe say the opposite. I say wannabe because she thinks she's highly skilled. They have politicians for managers. When you have to deceive applicants, that tells you the environment will be toxic. "Disgraceful" is an appropriate term but I'm being kind.

Interview Questions

• A document was emailed asking me to show a campaign I worked on and what I did to improve performance.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. Met with about 4 different people over the course of 4-6 weeks.
    All questions involved the current challenges and the needs of the company regarding the respective role. There seemed to be a significant need as the total time between initial resume submission and start date was 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very specific to the needs of the position. Nothing really ambiguous.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merkle in July 2009.

Interview

After several phone screens & a day of interviewing & presenting, I was told I really impressed them & they'd like to move forward & would contact me in 2-4 wks. They said I would be an excellent fit. But they never called back. After waiting the four mark period, I tried to get in touch via phone/email since they made it seem they wanted to bring me on board. They ignored any correspondence thereafter. While it is not uncommon for companies to change their mind, it is very uncommon to disappear completely when high level of interest is expressed. The courteous thing to do would've been to at least communicate the needs had changed. Found the whole experience very unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend working in a place like that. If this is how they treat people before they've even started, it's a bad sign.