Merrill Lynch Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Quite standard 2-round one: three interviewers each round. They will ask you about your past experience as well as your future plan. Also they will test your interests in the company and if you really fit into the team culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Definitely have to make a great impression right off the bat! As momentous as the work is tied to the stock market, the advisors or PMs you interview with will put you in situations to get you to expose how well you can think on your feet.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Formal interview, mostly behavioral questions, and most importantly, your ability to sell and persuade

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process contained two rounds, in school and onsite. The in-school one was fairly easy and just asked about school project. The on-site one was more challenging. The on-site question involves more creative thinking rather than something you learn from school.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are there flying above USA. You can have all the data needed.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2007.

Interview

First interview was done at the school. This was a one on one meeting which from there you would be selected to go to the Merrill Lynch office in New york for a superday interview which consisted of interviews with 3 different people from within the firm. Once the interview was over then they fed you at the local resturant downstairs.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview process (after the initial HR process). First interview with direct hiring line manager and another manager within the broader team. The second interview with Director of the team. Both interview processes similar with a mix of both competency and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Split between competency/ behavioral questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

There was one telephonic interview to understand your motivations and technical skills. Then, called to ML office to have two interviews of one hour each back to back. There, I was given maths puzzles and technical programming-related questions to understand my fit for the job. Last round was a HR interview where salary expectations etc. was asked.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in December 2011.

Interview

Typical interview. Spoke to a few people during the first round. Followed by a super day where there was a quiz for numerical proficiency and language proficiency. Followed by a few more interviews after that. Offer received a few weeks after the final round of interviews.