Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with two associates for a 30 minute interview for a summer intern position on-campus. It was mostly behavioral questions but some more technical questions. I recently switched majors from a non-finance major, so I was asked to elaborate on that and on relevant coursework that I have taken since switching.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of how you would value a company.   Answer Question

Team Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to complete a two tests. I had two phone screens and then went in person to meet with the head of recruiting. The I had to meet with 3 advisors and come up with a business plan. Along the way several people contacted me and it seemed as if nobody had talked to each other. I was constantly explaining what step I was on and during the process the secretary got fired. There was a lag in response time and finally they said the position was not available. They said they would contact me if something came available. A waste of time.

SummerFinancial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Customer Service Questions, 2 interviewers over the phone, both very nice and easy to talk to. Great company with great customer service, hence all the questions. Answer honestly and the best way you can and you will do okay!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral first round, very very nice people. Alum one on one, questions based on resume. Want to find out if you are an interesting person and well-prepared enough. Interviewer seemed nice but actually very distant

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was based mostly on fit and a general desire to be in the wealth management field. I was asked a lot about why I thought I was a good fit and why I liked wealth management, if I was a good with managing relationships and if I found satisfaction in helping people manage their finances and plan their futures.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do wealth management?
      What is happening in the markets today?
      Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical Interview. Phone interview first, then was sent two internet based financial tests. The tests contained typical financial based questions with simple math. After passing the exam I was contacted by a Merrill Lynch Rep. to schedule an in person interview. I then met with the vice president who explained the job and asked typical interview questions. I was not impressed with the interview experience.

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA).

Interview

I used an online application process after my uni made me aware of the opportunity. Submitted my cover letter, resume, and transcript and I got a call within a couple of weeks. Three more phone interviews and countless emails later, they extended an offer, non-negotiable. I happily accepted. Process was quick, easy, and pleasant (for an internship in the financial services industry, that is).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews, met with three people my first interview and then the same man the next two who ended up being my supervisor. Semi difficult questions, tried to trick me a few times so stay on your toes. Great office space and interview spot overlooking Boston, very impressive.

Interview Questions

• How do you work on a team? Give an example of a situation you had to work with a team in a work environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend and had one phone interview then went into the office for a round of four in person interviews. Very general and generic - no technical questions. Interview was much more relaxed than I thought it would be.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, brief - background and why I was interested in position. One interview with 2 financial advisors, some finance questions and questions about my goals in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses   1 Answer