Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX).

Interview

I did two interviews. First interview I met with the director of the Galleria location and he asked he asked me a few questions about my background, major, and my career goals, and he introduced me to some of the management team. After the interview i didn't hear back from anyone so I called like a month later and I was told to come back in.
The second interview was with a Financial Advisor. I Had to call a potential client and leave a voicemail using the script that was provided. He wanted to see how comfortable I was interacting with clients. That was it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

basic questions about previous career and education, they gave me information of what I WAS GOING TO DO, background check, prints check. should take around a month, when you start working 2 weeks of training with different areas,

Interview Questions

• after 6 month as a intern you will need to start working withy your license.   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied from the Wealth Management Advisor VP at my location. He pretty much phone interviewed me and we hit it off. He brought his current client associate in on conference call so I could ask her anything if I had any questions. He asked me to come in the next day to meet face to face. An hour after meeting him he called and offered me the job plus offered to pay for my series 7 & 66 licensing as well as reimbursement for educational programs.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2016.

Interview

Entire process took approximately 3 months since my first interview to the day I received an offer. HR process was not very efficient, I was expecting a faster turn over, but they were helpful once the ball was running

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, not technical at all. I wasn't asked about the markets or any financial knowledge at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating but the managers didn't change their stance at all, had little leverage as my work experience was just a couple of months and I didn't have my licenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given 1 interview with a person from management team. It went really well, we got along, and I left feeling great. She sent me an email saying I didn't get the job (explained with various and reasonable reasons, including most importantly that I was too young and inexperienced for this position). Ironically that same week, I ended up getting an interview directly with a Financial Advisor and was hired on the spot. He liked me and thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational habits and how would you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Met with the financial advisor team and an individual advisor all together in a conference room. They asked about my internship experience there and what my role was as their academic intern. We discussed their management style and personal preferences. The interview was very casual and then we chatted to get to know each other.

Client Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through employee referral, interview process was quick and basic, there was a preliminary phone call and then an in person meeting with hiring manager. There is a TON of turnover so they are constantly hiring and I found out the next day, after the background check I was in the office working within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Merrill Lynch?   1 Answer

Clients Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2015.

Interview

My resume was kept for future possible opportunities. So I was called out of the blue from an FSA...
    Asked to come in for an interview early the next week...interview seemed unorganized almost like a required procedure...
    Interviewed with multiple FSA on same team...spent time with one CA and briefly met the lead CA.
    Was called back for second interview within 48 hours. Again second interview seemed very forced... I had to continue asking clarifying questions... they asked questions that typically would be asked in a prescreen interview...I knew at this point was not their top choice...better said, one of the 5 people wasn't sold yet....I recalled their top info from first interview and used it as guide...

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a meeting with a manager and then two associates which then I interviwed with several FA teams. Once I had completed meeting with all the FA's that wanted to interview me, I received a call from the hiring manager which then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate.