Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.5

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2017.

Interview

Went in for the first interview at the branch with the FA that I would be supporting, the branch manager, and the lead CSA. Although it was with three people, it wasn't intimidating. We all got along very well. They asked questions and explained the position. Two days after this, I got a call from the recruiter stating I was one of the two top candidates and she asked me to fill out paperwork. A week after that a relationship manager from a different location contacted me about a phone interview. That went well, he asked more questions than they did at the in-person interview. A week after that I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position. The whole process took a little over two weeks.
had a phone interview with another relationship manager from another location l

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, I met with an intern at a career fair. They called me for a phone interview and then failed to let me know after three weeks if I had been declined.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2017.

Interview

Initially had a phone call then went into the office for an interview. Met with two financial top guys and they asked me questions. It was casual with nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose wealth management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX).

Interview

I did two interviews. First interview I met with the director of the Galleria location and he asked he asked me a few questions about my background, major, and my career goals, and he introduced me to some of the management team. After the interview i didn't hear back from anyone so I called like a month later and I was told to come back in.
    The second interview was with a Financial Advisor. I Had to call a potential client and leave a voicemail using the script that was provided. He wanted to see how comfortable I was interacting with clients. That was it.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

basic questions about previous career and education, they gave me information of what I WAS GOING TO DO, background check, prints check. should take around a month, when you start working 2 weeks of training with different areas,

Interview Questions

• after 6 month as a intern you will need to start working withy your license.   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school, got invited in to interview. Talked to a registered client associate, then both advisors simultaneously, who fired questions at me back and forth (all behavioral) - pretty laid back and conversational - they mainly wanted to figure out if they would like to be around me for 8 hours a day, or so it seemed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long, extensive and thorough. I started the application process in January. Started the interview process in February. Started the hiring process in April and was not brought on board until May. There was no drug testing, however extensive background check

Interview Questions

• If you were given $1,000,000 what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone Interview followed by another phone and background interview and then an In Person Interview. It took 1 month and if they like you they tell you right away.

Interview Questions

• Personality questions and when you meet the FA, try to convince him to hire you, because he is the one making the decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

One on one interview in the office with my lead advisors that I was applying to work with. The interview was very formal and required a suit and tie during the interview. The questions asked in the interview were relatively basic questions pertaining to the industry, as well as a few more complex scenario based questions.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied from the Wealth Management Advisor VP at my location. He pretty much phone interviewed me and we hit it off. He brought his current client associate in on conference call so I could ask her anything if I had any questions. He asked me to come in the next day to meet face to face. An hour after meeting him he called and offered me the job plus offered to pay for my series 7 & 66 licensing as well as reimbursement for educational programs.