Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.5

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long, extensive and thorough. I started the application process in January. Started the interview process in February. Started the hiring process in April and was not brought on board until May. There was no drug testing, however extensive background check

Interview Questions

• If you were given $1,000,000 what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Interview

It was alot of questions, I have my masters in Finance and I didn't get the job because of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with 3 financial advisors. The overall experience was a little intimidating but rewarding nevertheless. The job was ultimately given to an employee who transferred from another city who was already Series 7 licensed. I'd say that your best bet when going in with them is your Series 7 license.

Interview Questions

• What makes me different from the people they have fired before   Answer Question
    • what are my 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Myrtle Beach, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

One on one interview in the office with my lead advisors that I was applying to work with. The interview was very formal and required a suit and tie during the interview. The questions asked in the interview were relatively basic questions pertaining to the industry, as well as a few more complex scenario based questions.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2017.

Interview

Initially had a phone call then went into the office for an interview. Met with two financial top guys and they asked me questions. It was casual with nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose wealth management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given 1 interview with a person from management team. It went really well, we got along, and I left feeling great. She sent me an email saying I didn't get the job (explained with various and reasonable reasons, including most importantly that I was too young and inexperienced for this position). Ironically that same week, I ended up getting an interview directly with a Financial Advisor and was hired on the spot. He liked me and thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational habits and how would you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager first. That's a personal assessment and initial screening to make sure you're a viable candidate. Next step is to meet with the regional manager who will do a pretty typical interview with canned questions, then you have to interview with teams. The last part is the hardest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your greatest failure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I actually forgot that I even applied for it because it took a good six months to get a call back. The interview was easy, but most of these interviews will be different as you are being hired by the individual advisor and practices vary

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on the phone all day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 1/2 hour. In person interview with Client Relationship Manager at the branch, 1 hour. In person interview with Financial Advisor and their team 1 hour. Easy interview... they want to make sure your personality fits the team.