Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Interview

It was alot of questions, I have my masters in Finance and I didn't get the job because of it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with 3 financial advisors. The overall experience was a little intimidating but rewarding nevertheless. The job was ultimately given to an employee who transferred from another city who was already Series 7 licensed. I'd say that your best bet when going in with them is your Series 7 license.

Interview Questions

• What makes me different from the people they have fired before   Answer Question
    • what are my 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given 1 interview with a person from management team. It went really well, we got along, and I left feeling great. She sent me an email saying I didn't get the job (explained with various and reasonable reasons, including most importantly that I was too young and inexperienced for this position). Ironically that same week, I ended up getting an interview directly with a Financial Advisor and was hired on the spot. He liked me and thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational habits and how would you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager first. That's a personal assessment and initial screening to make sure you're a viable candidate. Next step is to meet with the regional manager who will do a pretty typical interview with canned questions, then you have to interview with teams. The last part is the hardest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your greatest failure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I actually forgot that I even applied for it because it took a good six months to get a call back. The interview was easy, but most of these interviews will be different as you are being hired by the individual advisor and practices vary

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on the phone all day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 1/2 hour. In person interview with Client Relationship Manager at the branch, 1 hour. In person interview with Financial Advisor and their team 1 hour. Easy interview... they want to make sure your personality fits the team.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

There entire process took two months, from the initial interview to on-boarding. Mostly Behavioral questions. I applied on campus, got a intial phone call, interviewed with the Senior financial Advisor/Vice President. Later interviewed with the team to get a feel of culture environment.

Client Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through employee referral, interview process was quick and basic, there was a preliminary phone call and then an in person meeting with hiring manager. There is a TON of turnover so they are constantly hiring and I found out the next day, after the background check I was in the office working within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Merrill Lynch?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a meeting with a manager and then two associates which then I interviwed with several FA teams. Once I had completed meeting with all the FA's that wanted to interview me, I received a call from the hiring manager which then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate.