Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2017.

Interview

Initially had a phone call then went into the office for an interview. Met with two financial top guys and they asked me questions. It was casual with nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose wealth management?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school, got invited in to interview. Talked to a registered client associate, then both advisors simultaneously, who fired questions at me back and forth (all behavioral) - pretty laid back and conversational - they mainly wanted to figure out if they would like to be around me for 8 hours a day, or so it seemed.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2017.

Interview

Went in for the first interview at the branch with the FA that I would be supporting, the branch manager, and the lead CSA. Although it was with three people, it wasn't intimidating. We all got along very well. They asked questions and explained the position. Two days after this, I got a call from the recruiter stating I was one of the two top candidates and she asked me to fill out paperwork. A week after that a relationship manager from a different location contacted me about a phone interview. That went well, he asked more questions than they did at the in-person interview. A week after that I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position. The whole process took a little over two weeks.
    had a phone interview with another relationship manager from another location l

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX).

Interview

I did two interviews. First interview I met with the director of the Galleria location and he asked he asked me a few questions about my background, major, and my career goals, and he introduced me to some of the management team. After the interview i didn't hear back from anyone so I called like a month later and I was told to come back in.
    The second interview was with a Financial Advisor. I Had to call a potential client and leave a voicemail using the script that was provided. He wanted to see how comfortable I was interacting with clients. That was it.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

basic questions about previous career and education, they gave me information of what I WAS GOING TO DO, background check, prints check. should take around a month, when you start working 2 weeks of training with different areas,

Interview Questions

• after 6 month as a intern you will need to start working withy your license.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given 1 interview with a person from management team. It went really well, we got along, and I left feeling great. She sent me an email saying I didn't get the job (explained with various and reasonable reasons, including most importantly that I was too young and inexperienced for this position). Ironically that same week, I ended up getting an interview directly with a Financial Advisor and was hired on the spot. He liked me and thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational habits and how would you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Beverly Hills, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via my university career website. I was then contacted by a company recruiter about one month after my application. I was then put in contact with the FA that was looking for a Client Associate. I had one interview via phone which I completed within 45 minutes. The interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. I had the job within a couple of days.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied from the Wealth Management Advisor VP at my location. He pretty much phone interviewed me and we hit it off. He brought his current client associate in on conference call so I could ask her anything if I had any questions. He asked me to come in the next day to meet face to face. An hour after meeting him he called and offered me the job plus offered to pay for my series 7 & 66 licensing as well as reimbursement for educational programs.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2016.

Interview

Entire process took approximately 3 months since my first interview to the day I received an offer. HR process was not very efficient, I was expecting a faster turn over, but they were helpful once the ball was running

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, not technical at all. I wasn't asked about the markets or any financial knowledge at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating but the managers didn't change their stance at all, had little leverage as my work experience was just a couple of months and I didn't have my licenses.