Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given 1 interview with a person from management team. It went really well, we got along, and I left feeling great. She sent me an email saying I didn't get the job (explained with various and reasonable reasons, including most importantly that I was too young and inexperienced for this position). Ironically that same week, I ended up getting an interview directly with a Financial Advisor and was hired on the spot. He liked me and thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your organizational habits and how would you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Beverly Hills, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via my university career website. I was then contacted by a company recruiter about one month after my application. I was then put in contact with the FA that was looking for a Client Associate. I had one interview via phone which I completed within 45 minutes. The interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. I had the job within a couple of days.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied from the Wealth Management Advisor VP at my location. He pretty much phone interviewed me and we hit it off. He brought his current client associate in on conference call so I could ask her anything if I had any questions. He asked me to come in the next day to meet face to face. An hour after meeting him he called and offered me the job plus offered to pay for my series 7 & 66 licensing as well as reimbursement for educational programs.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2016.

Interview

Entire process took approximately 3 months since my first interview to the day I received an offer. HR process was not very efficient, I was expecting a faster turn over, but they were helpful once the ball was running

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, not technical at all. I wasn't asked about the markets or any financial knowledge at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating but the managers didn't change their stance at all, had little leverage as my work experience was just a couple of months and I didn't have my licenses.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the branch manager first. That's a personal assessment and initial screening to make sure you're a viable candidate. Next step is to meet with the regional manager who will do a pretty typical interview with canned questions, then you have to interview with teams. The last part is the hardest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your greatest failure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I actually forgot that I even applied for it because it took a good six months to get a call back. The interview was easy, but most of these interviews will be different as you are being hired by the individual advisor and practices vary

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on the phone all day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 1/2 hour. In person interview with Client Relationship Manager at the branch, 1 hour. In person interview with Financial Advisor and their team 1 hour. Easy interview... they want to make sure your personality fits the team.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Met with the financial advisor team and an individual advisor all together in a conference room. They asked about my internship experience there and what my role was as their academic intern. We discussed their management style and personal preferences. The interview was very casual and then we chatted to get to know each other.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

There entire process took two months, from the initial interview to on-boarding. Mostly Behavioral questions. I applied on campus, got a intial phone call, interviewed with the Senior financial Advisor/Vice President. Later interviewed with the team to get a feel of culture environment.