Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. First round was a phone interview that was mostly behavioral and some knowledge of what is going on in banking currently. Heard back 2 days later that I made it to Superday, which consisted of 3 30 minute interviews that had both behavioral and technical questions.

Wholesale Credit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds starting with back-to-back interviews on campus followed by a Super Day in Bank of America's office in Dallas. The first round was super conversational where we just discussed my experiences. At the Super Day there were 3 30 minute interviews consisting of some technical questions but mostly behavioral. They extended an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers say is a negative quality about you?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was hired essentially over the phone. Spoke with recruiter a couple of times so was basically hired before I went in for interview. Met with the HR person and was told as long as I passed the drug test and background check we were good to go. Started the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask anything specific or surprising. Very typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. They wanted to pay less but I simply said this was the base I needed and they agreed.

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online and then received an email with the FIAT exam and a behavioral exam. The FIAT exam consisted of about 25 questions about stock splits, Last in, Last out, first in, first out and questions about the economy. The next interview was over the phone. These questions were more personal- tell me about yourself and what groups or activities do you participate in that you could use to get clients. I had to fill out some documents for a background check. My next interview is going to be in person and I have to build a business plan.

Interview Questions

• FIAT - stock splits, Last in, Last out, first in, first out and questions about the economy. There is no time limit so take as much time as you need. They don't track how much time it took you, only what score you got.
      Phone Interview - tell me about yourself? What groups or activities do you participate in that could be used to get clients? Was the FIAT exam difficult for you? The interviewer has your FIAT scores. Why do you want to be a financial advisor? Why do you think you would be successful at this job? What got you interested in finance? Focus on highlighting any experience you have as an entreuprenur and sales experience. Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

overkill, took way too long, interviewed with three mamagers. more interested in what business you can bring in, friends, family etc. because most dont make sales goals. Very munc like the life insurance model. I was not impressed with any of the hiring managers - very average people despite reputation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

sterile

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a referral from another employee in the office and was given an interview which lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked very general personality/fit questions like, "why Merrill Lynch?" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc

FA/PMD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was oven the chance to interview, and I found that the company was a great fit for me. I went through the steps, and ultimately accepted the job. The office was very inviting, and the managers were very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed and offered a job on the same day. Had to pass an initial math test to make to the interview process. Once that was completed, was brought in for an interview that lasted about 20 minutes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation available.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Frisco, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars.
    Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

several FA's and the BM will chat with you. They will discuss the long hours, the grind and the payoff. Basically, test on how many people you know that are affluent, then phone screen, and lastly the BM/FA meetings.

Interview Questions

• What's the point of a meeting?   1 Answer