Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred through an employee so my phone interview was only 10 minutes. The individual explained the business plan I needed to complete. I interviewed with the office manager he was only focused on recruiting assets. Need $10 million of aum for the first year period.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses, Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via a phone call which lasted about an hour. They went over my current skills and what I'm looking to get out of the job. The recruiter was kind and the questions weren't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was one entrepreneurial experience that helped you achieve a given goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

There are multiple steps in the interview process that try and figure out why you are a "high achiever" and the people you know with a high level of assets. There are two online assessments that you have to take to see if you have the mentality they are looking for. They will ask for your plan to be successful and see how you will find your niche.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

On-Campus interview for about 30 minutes, nothing crazy with questions, almost all personal and resume related. Received an email back to set up the final round interview by phone or in person. Have that tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two gentlemen who were both very friendly and made the interview process very comfortable. I was told the interview was going to be about 30 mins, but we blew through it in about 20.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about financial advising and why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process was not particularly long or difficult. It consisted of one in person, on campus interview with a regional recruiter, then two phone interviews with recruiters from specific offices within the region I had applied for. All questions were strictly behavioral and based on my interest in the program, Merrill Lynch, and becoming a financial advisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very nice. Completely behavioral. Interviewer was very nice and no tough questions. But they seems running kind of tired maybe because I was the last timeslot of the day. But overall great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very casual interview process, not technical at all, mostly get to know you questions and questions about my previous experience. It was over Facetime. They did mention that they prefer to only hire finance and accounting majors and my previous experience made me an exception (I'm an economics major).

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took you through a number of loops. The first interview was with the branch VP in which was a personality test. The second was with the client relations department to assess whether you were good in sales. The process was very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• If you rolled a dice what are the odds of you rolling an 11 of better. Answer in a percentage.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

A friend passed my resume along. I got a call from the recruiter. Then got emailed to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager (the phone interview was scheduled for 2 weeks from initial call). My phone interview is tomorrow with hiring manager!