Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, next was asked to complete simple quantitative exam online. Simple interest rate calculations and stock yields. Next was on-site interview with team and then 3 partners. Questions mostly around interest in finance and where you want to be in 3 years. No quantitative questions in person, just Excel and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your knowledge of the use of Pivot Tables in Excel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter for a phone interview. After phone interview, I was sent paperwork, basically U-4 type questions, and asked to fill it out and return it. The next step will be for them to set me up with an interview with the branch or team that is looking to hire.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The process began with me contacting and sending my resume to the branch manager. From there he forwarded my information to an area recruiter. My process with the recruiter began with creating an applicant profile and taking the FIAT. The FIAT consisted of algebraic questions, finance/econ questions, and some logic exercises. A day or two later the recruiter informed me that I passed the FIAT and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions related to my current work experience, education, reasons for applying, and plan for success as a FA. Following that interview the recruiter had me fill out disclosure forms and give consent to perform additional screening. I was then turned over to the local branch manager to schedule an interview. A meeting was scheduled and I met with the manager some days later for the high achiever interview. This interview consisted of the common pleasantries and questions of your standard interview. My resume was scrutinized as well as me selling myself for the position. It seemed to go well and I was further informed of how the process would unfold in the next stages. No directions or expectations were given after this interview. I waited for a couple of weeks without any communication and was informed by email that I was no longer being considered for the position. It was disappointing as the process seemed to go well but ultimately ended. The few people that I interacted with during the process were professional and helpful. My feeling is that I didn't do a convincing job of answering questions during the interview and that I lacked the sales and financial experience that they look for.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of your experience as a leader?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Still in the interview process, its a five step process from taking a quiz to talking to the managers. They are very detailed and they are.looking for sales experience most especially and the ability to bring in high net worth clients, make sure you have that ability, they give you ample time to study and prepare for the licensing exams.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Applied online. Required FIAT examination to assess how you may score on your Series 7 & 63. Passed, took about a week for the recruiter to set up phone interview.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Interview

I passed the phone screen with flying colors and am STILL waiting for the office to call me in for an interview. It's been 7 weeks. They're allegedly "working through a backlog".

Interview Questions

• Still waiting for the interview call!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Omaha, NE) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and in person. Asked a number of questions about why I was interested in merill lynch and wealth management. I was lucky that I knew someone, and so they were able to vouch for my character and I avoided alot of the character screening

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I had one interview, it was fairly casual and included questions about my business prospecting skills, employment and network. it was clear they were trying to determine whether I had a large number of prospects or whether I knew those who had money.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Interview

Sent my resume to a friend who works at the company. Received an e-mail from the recruiter for the position and two other e-mails containing the FIAT test and personality assessment. Passed both tests and currently have a scheduled phone interview scheduled.