Merrill Lynch Financial Solutions Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Financial Solutions Advisor Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First interview is with a recruiter. Second with the district manager. Third with the regional manager. Standard interview questions. Nothing crazy. Be yourself. Talk up the company. Make sure you know what an advisors expectations and it's a high demanding position. Do what's best for you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an advisor?   1 Answer

Better opportunities that were on the table with other firms. Didn't want to work Saturdays as they require. Wasn't impressed with the regional manager. One who gives you trick questions isn't someone I want to work for.

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chandler, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I had to take two tests, go through a phone interview, and then have two sit down interviews. It all went very smoothly, and I was hired within a month. I really enjoyed the process, and none of it was confusing or difficult at all. The people who interviewed me were very professional and helpful.

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2015.

Interview

First there was a preliminary phone call. Was then invited back to interview with four or five employers of various ranks on two separate days each (10 or so total.) Mostly behavioral questions, little to no technical questions. Each interviewer seemed genuinely interested to hear what I had to say and made the experience feel more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall process is fairly straightforward. Will have a role play question so be prepared for that. The interviewer will ask about your sales experience and what interested you in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a customer/client where they were upset and how you handled the situation and resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

About 2 in person interviews and 2 phone interviews. Not as long as Edward Jones hiring process. Sometimes it seemed forever for the recruiter to get back in touch with you after the application process and the first phone interview but as I stuck with it, it because more streamlined and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Random background and experience questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Manager said he had reviewed my resume and was impressed. No questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, was led to believe that I was paid the highest tier eligible.

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hopewell, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview is behavioral; expect a rudimentary role-play.
    You'll do best if you have some idea how to make a recommendation to a client, even if you're not a pro.
    Frankly, if you can talk to people you'll be ok. If you try and sound like some guru on CNBC you'll probably mess it up- just don't.

Interview Questions

• A client demands to execute a trade that is not in line with his risk tolerance- how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation- it's a straight base + incentives deal.