Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2016

2.1

Global Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Applied through university career center and heard back within two weeks about a first round on campus interview. The on campus interview was one on one and very relaxed. After the first round I heard back within two days about another round in the office. The office interview was 2 on 1 and very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were in a leadership position and somebody disagreed with you and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Global Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interview process was mostly behavioral, with one or two questions regarding the market and how changing interest rates affect the way one might invest. Additionally, the questions extensively dove into previous work experience. Be prepared to explain how this can be applicable to working with a team of Financial Advisors

Interview Questions

• How do you work in teams? Describe one time in your past work experience where this has been relevant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to office in Norfolk. The interview was all behavioral questions. Pretty easy interview and they got back to me within a week or two with an offer. Know your resume well. They like to pull questions off the resume and ask you about your experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a team, Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Global Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very succinct interview process, with a job posting on my university's employment website. Upon submitting my resume, I was called into the office where the interview was prompt. I heard back about the job within the week and, as it was part-time during the semester, I began to work within the next week.

Global Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and cordial. Nothing too challenging was asked. They mainly asked questions pertaining to my interest in investing. Other questions included tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for Merrill Lynch

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. I would be prepared to answer questions regarding your interest in wealth management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Had one interview with the head FA. He was very interested in my customer service experience and asked whether I had ever cold called. He liked my tech and writing skills as well. No technical questions. Was a lot more relaxed than I expected. Most importantly, you should be confident and eager.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO? Walk me through your resume. Have you ever cold called?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newton, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by my friend from college who was also interning at ML. After applying online, I received a phone call from a recruiter and emailed my availability to work to the Financial Advisor I would be working for.

I was extended the offer pretty quickly (internal referrals are so helpful!) but the paperwork and fingerprinting takes forever.

Interview Questions

• Very basic -- the Financial Advisor mainly wanted to see if I had a good work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple, behavioral with some specific questions about basic stuff you should know. I had one phone interview and then a face-to-face with a senior VP who I ended up working under. Very conversational and not too intense, explained things as I was being interviewed after he would ask me to try and explain it at first.

Interview Questions

• What is a bond?
      What is a municipal bond?
      What is going on in the market?
      What do you expect to happen in the market in the next few months, years?
      Answer Question

Global Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in February 2008.

Interview

Worked as a Global Wealth Management intern for the summer. The atmosphere is relaxing and the FA's have flexible schedules. No due diligence sessions and no long weekends. Wealth Management is the best division to go to if you are looking for work life balance. As an analyst intern, your responsibility is limited due to the lack of credentials (IE can't tell clients financial advice). As an FA, wealth management will pay however much you want, it all depends on the number of hours you put in. The interview consisted of some fit questions, and of course the classic "fit" question. "Why Merrill Lynch?" "Tell me about a time you worked in a group."

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the four financial statements and how they all connect.   1 Answer
    • Why Merrill Lynch?   Answer Question