Merrill Lynch Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Montecito, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Montecito, CA).

Interview

Got connected through the UCSB economics department. 1 interview with the Senior Vice President revolving around behavioral questions and passion towards finance. The whole process took about a month until I got a call from the Senior Vice President letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First one will fill out an online app with information regarding their education and work experience. Next is a phone interview, then a super day (in person interview). Applicants have two 30 minute interviews, which were both pretty similar.

Interview Questions

• Everything you would expect from a company of this size. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Financial Analyst Internship on Bank of America corporate website in October. Notified in late December that I was selected to have a phone interview. Had a phone interview the first week of January. Asked to meet in person a week later. Sent an offer letter the last week of January. The interviews were only related to why Merrill Lynch and what questions I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic - Just an easy phone call that took about thirty minutes and they only asked me basic questions regarding past experiences. It was a very friendly and calm environment - nothing to stress about.

Interview Questions

• What experiences did you have in the financial field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from one of the financial advisors who had also gone to my university. She asked me to come in for an interview the following week and provided me with advice on how to best get to the location.
    For the interview, I was interviewed by the aforementioned financial advisor and the VP of the department at the downtown Chicago BoA-Merrill Lynch building. Both were very nice and not too intense.
    The interview was difficult because they did not ask the typical questions you get asked in interviews in which you're able to provide well-rehearsed answers that you know showcase your skills and experience. Rather, the interview was incredibly casual and lasted possibly 20 minutes, making it difficult to clearly articulate who you are. Seems as if they were more so looking for someone they can get along with as a team member since they only brought in interviewees that had already passed the finance resume test, which I believe is a fair hiring criteria.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks/projects at the same time?
      What are you looking for in a summer internship?
      Do you have any questions for us?
      There may have been one or two other questions but I do not remember.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I thought the interview was pretty straight forward. They asked me the tell me about yourself question which after reviewing previous responses on here I was prepared for. We walked through my resume as well as what the position entails. The internship was unpaid for 12 weeks and after that if both sides wanted to it could become a part time job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a very conversational interview, pretty much 100% behavioral. They just asked about my interests in general as well as why I was interested in working at Merrill Lynch and working with their group. Overall pleasant and easy experience, and the internship taught me a lot of about finance and personal finance.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Emailed them asking if they had any internships. Emailed me back about two weeks later asking for my resume. They called me the day after I sent it to them and scheduled an interview with me. It was very relaxed and informal. We laughed the entire time.

Interview Questions

• All personal questions. Not a single technical question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Phone Interview an office interviews, easy interview overall. Mainly focused on why this could be a long term career for you. Looking for someone with professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Focus on leveraging experiences and client serving experience to answer questions

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

A call from a recruiter, over the phone interview questions to look for general experience in sales and business plan. How would you handle different situations to rejection over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years, how do you deal with rejection on cold calls, network of people you know from family to clients you have made relationships with to grow your business plan. Asked about previous work experience and the benefits of working sales knowledge into being productive.   1 Answer