Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Very straightforward and simple process. The interview primarily wanted to see if I would be a good fit with the office culture and if I knew about the company at all.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• Work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment to provide our guests with a Caribbean escape that enables an island state of mind by:Work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment to provide our guests with a Caribbean escape that enables an island state of mind by:   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Orange, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite to figure out the program as a whole and for them to get to know you. Next was business plan discussion, after is deep dive where they explain everything in detail and figure out where to place you as a FA

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

Had an introductory phone call, went in for an in house interview with 3 individuals from the team. Interview lasted around an hour, great interview experience but they do expect more from you even though it is only an entry level job.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Annapolis, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

There were multiple interviews. The first was a brief phone interview that went well. Then I was contacted to come into the office for a 1:1 interview. Soon after I was contacted with a job offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Two online aptitude tests. One 15 minute phone call to ask what I thought the job was going to entail. 2 in-person interviews. The whole process lasted around 5 weeks. As long as you know what the job will involve you will be well equipped to answer any questions thrown at you. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you think your role will be and what your plan is to achieve success   Answer Question

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Columbia, SC) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied though a Resume Drop on campus and was called the next day by a VP in the office. I had one interview (was told I was one of twenty applicants) and had a fairly straightforward interview consisting of mostly behavioral questions.

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Was asked high-level personality questions rather than technical. Be prepared to run through resume and background and how skills translate to ML. Basic questions such as strenghts/weaknesses, and what motivates me.

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone call, one skype phone call and spoke with all of the team by the end of the interview process. got a chance to get a feel for them before taking the job

PMD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews including over the phone, in person and creating a business plan. The first step was to apply online and then pass two exams, one covering basic financial knowledge and the second was a personality test.

Interview Questions

• How will you face the inevitable rejection and not let it phase you   Answer Question