Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone call, one skype phone call and spoke with all of the team by the end of the interview process. got a chance to get a feel for them before taking the job

PMD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Several rounds of interviews including over the phone, in person and creating a business plan. The first step was to apply online and then pass two exams, one covering basic financial knowledge and the second was a personality test.

Interview Questions

• How will you face the inevitable rejection and not let it phase you   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Interview

I applied for the position in October and got a response in December. Phone interview first and then in person interview. On the next day, they asked me have a phone interview one more time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What is your strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly relaxed and the interviewers were very welcoming.

Considering my young age and lack of financial experience it is evident there are many gaps in my financial knowledge. Thankfully they understood this and were more focused on getting to know me and evaluating my moral.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of when you overcame adversity? How did you do it?   1 Answer
    • If you were cold calling potential new clients and someone were to curse you out, what would your reaction be?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Its one on one and very straight forward. They give you a tour of where you will be working and the facilities and staff. There is a very extensive background and fingerprint process.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to handle stress at work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Behaviorals were very easy consisting of just simple situational tasks. The lady was very nice and asked why bank of america and why financial advising. She then asked a bunch of questions on differeent situations

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make a difficult decision. Describe that process   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic questions. Asked about my prior experience and how I could transfer my soft and hard skills to new role. Met with six managers and two other analysts. Interview process all together was about two to four weeks long.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Several online questionnaires followed by two in person interviews. I really enjoyed the two people I met with -- they seemed to really like their jobs and the work/life balance

Interview Questions

• What is it about the program that interests you most and why?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

First there is an phone interview by the team leader, then come with an on-site interview with all members of the private wealth group. The on-site interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a challenge that you faced and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

applied on campus portal, very friendly, answered all questions promptly, very helpful, after campus interview then office interview then phone interview, long but good positive experience. i would recommend the internship to anyone in the field & knows how to communicate with people