Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2018

2.8

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

It was easy, they really needed to find people to fill the open positions. since I had a degree and was referred by another employee, I was pretty much accepted into the job. The interview was more of a job summary.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hopewell, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

I got the interview through on-campus recruiting, two people interviewed me for about half an hour with all behavior questions. Then I was offered to return to their main campus for 1-1 interviews with three different groups. Interview were conversational and consisted mostly behavior questions. 2 weeks later I was offered to choose which group I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you have to deal with difficult colleagues   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First resume selection though campus careers. Then first round of interview at campus.Cleared that. Then super day at Hilton New York with the people selected from all over USA. First day networking event.Second day 3-4 rounds of interview. Really they drill you to the core, very technical, hard and tiring.

Interview Questions

• data structures,java,algos,software engineering,DBMS etc   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

Had an introductory phone call, went in for an in house interview with 3 individuals from the team. Interview lasted around an hour, great interview experience but they do expect more from you even though it is only an entry level job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with 3 of the senior advisers. Process was relatively quick and easy. They described what the role required and asked questions that were meant to determine if you had performed similar tasks in past roles.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Casual Interview. Typical "where do you see yourself questions" and "what would you do in this situation".

Interview Questions

The offer was not a competitive salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Interview process, four interviews begins with telephone interview then hiring manager. Final interviews with branch manager an FA.

Interview Questions

• Questions are general.Ex. "tell us about your work history".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

First got in touch with them via a friend. Interviewed with 4 members of the group which I ended up working for. Answered questions such as what is the current fed funds rate to tell me what you know about currencies. After that interview process I was notified 2 weeks later that they wanted to see me again. At that point I interviewed with one more person from the group who was that there when I was there the first time and then was escorted to meet with the branch manager and compliance manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the current Fed funds rate?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position online I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After a few behavioral questions and skill checks I was told to wait to hear back. A few weeks later I received a call back and scheduled an in person interview. This interview was 1 on 1 with the manager I would report to. They asked basic behavioral questions, how I work with a team, and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Baltimore, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Baltimore HR called and scheduled an interview in person for a week from today.

Two days later, a BOA HR person called to do a phone interview about the job and my expectations. She explained everything in detail, even what salary to expect and she was right on. She will be the point of contact if they offer a job, not the local office, which is odd. I am not registered, but have many years experience as an office manager.
    Met in person with HR and met with advisor. There could be multiple 'teams' hiring or just one advisor. You have to get both series 7 and 66 license in 9 months from date of hire. They will make you sign a contract that if you can't pass the test, then you will be fired after the 9 months. According to what the advisor and HR told me, they have hired people internally and even they can't pass the test sometimes. It can be challenging and a very dry subject matter.
    I was contacted a couple days later buy the BOA HR woman who sent me the background check and ASI paperwork. You must know the last 10 years of addresses, last 5 years of work - not be fired in any of those jobs and the ASI paperwork is very in depth. They basically want to know everything. I don't have perfect credit, lived in 3 addresses in 10 years, had 2 jobs in 5 years and was offered the job. Once those two reports come back, then they will offer you the job. Fingerprinting in the last step before you start. Salary was starting at $42,000, plus a $2,500 bonus after I was registered in 9 months. I also got a $5,000 bonus in March, as well as what my advisor gave me. You have a great opportunity to make some decent money in the long run, you just have to be able to live in 42,000 to start.

Interview Questions

• basic question, your good qualities, bad ones, reason you left jobs, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation