Merrill Lynch Investment Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Investment Intern Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2013.

Interview

Process took a few weeks. Interview was really straightforward with nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• I had a portfolio with me and the interviewer asked me to sell her the portfolio.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Met with three people, one person from the advisor team where I would be interning, a current intern, and a VP. Very nice and casual, laughed some, they told me a lot about the position and just asked me about previous and current positions/clubs on my resume. "Name a time where you handled a difficult client".

Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

After the resume drop, I was called by the Financial Advisor's current intern to schedule an interview. At the interview, the FA said "okay, this is how this interview works. I will ask you questions until you get an answer wrong." He then proceeded to ask me statistics, multiplication, division, and equity/debt questions with about three seconds to answer. i think a business major who could do 54 x 69 rapidly in their head would have done alright, but as this was my first business interview, I was definitely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• 56 x 48 (or something like that) in your head   1 Answer

Investment Banking Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

As a freshman in college, most of the questions were fit/behavioral type. Nothing out of the extraordinary. There are lower standards when you are young in college!