Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received call from recruiter who scheduled interview for me. When to the interview and it was very conversational and casual. The team leaders made me feel at ease and comfortable with the environment.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newport News, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a call from corporate, had a really great conversation for nearly 25 minutes. He complimented me and told me some very flattering things. Nailed it! Never received a follow up phone-call..e-mail, nothing. Wasn't denied either.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding potential clients?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Wanted to make sure I was a good culture fit for the team. I applied online, then was asked to conduct a phone interview. After making it past that point, I was invited for an in office interview with the team lead.

Summer Interview

Interview

Two over the phone interviews. Both were pretty short. The first one was a personality interview, the second was more about experience and ability. The interviewer talked way more than I did and explained the company in depth.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time something didn't go how you expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I applied on campus with a recruiter then went on to a metropolitan city for the super day where I did 2- 30 minute interviews. The interviews were all behavioral questions and I have had a very positive experience with the first two rounds of interviews in the super day.

After the super day I moved on to another round of interviews in my city of choice. When I went to this rounds of interviews I had to wait 15 minutes for my first interviewer and then 20 minutes for my second interviewer. Although they were both nice people, one of my interviewers seemed to be going through a lot of stress and it showed when we had our interview, causing me to be nervous. The other interviewer suggested my skills would be more useful for a different interview.

The interview experience definitely depends on the city that you apply for and the corporate culture. I feel that the whole interview process was positive because i got to meet with some really nice people and saw how Merrill lynch would be a great company to work in. However, the people who interviewed me for the last round were unprofessional and did not make me feel comfortable at all.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. First round was a phone interview that was mostly behavioral and some knowledge of what is going on in banking currently. Heard back 2 days later that I made it to Superday, which consisted of 3 30 minute interviews that had both behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a team of 3 and I sat in the conference room. The meeting took about 1 hour and 15 minutes. They went through some scenarios and asked questions on how I would handle the situation with clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions why do I want to leave a company after 15 years and why Merrill? I was asked what I would like to do and they were very respectful with my answer.   Answer Question

Registered Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Very long drawn out process. Brief phone screen by recruiter, then interviewed by FA at the local branch, then a few months later interviewed by 2 other head client associates at regional branch. They had several pages of questions to ask and took notes on my responses. Was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to multi-task? What could you bring to the company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you looking for a new job? What don't you like about your old job/ old boss?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral and basic questions like why this firm why this position.Questions are like Why BAML and Why corporate banking,Why Finance, Tell me about your self. Very nice interviewer. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Why BAML and Why corporate banking
      Why Finance
      Tell me about your self
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through university career center and heard back within two weeks about a first round on campus interview. The on campus interview was one on one and very relaxed. After the first round I heard back within two days about another round in the office. The office interview was 2 on 1 and very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were in a leadership position and somebody disagreed with you and how did you handle this?   Answer Question