Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Took two online quizes pretty much back to back days, Wait 40 days for email from HR with a phone interview request. Scheduled an in person interview while on that phone interview. IN person interview was about10 questions from the manager who was about 2-3 years out of college.

Interview Questions

• whats one time a customer got angry and you had to diffuse the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Assessment tests for problem solving and math skills. Next was the phone interview with the recruiter. She was very nice, explained the interview process, and told me what position would be best suited for me. Another phone interview is scheduled next

Interview Questions

• What value will you bring to the clients   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montecito, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Montecito, CA).

Interview

Got connected through the UCSB economics department. 1 interview with the Senior Vice President revolving around behavioral questions and passion towards finance. The whole process took about a month until I got a call from the Senior Vice President letting me know I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with the regional director to go over what I can bring to the table, the conversation was honest and insightful. Great experience for anyone looking to learn more about the field and where they can take their career.

Interview Questions

• How many high net worth individuals do you know that you can sign up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Two assessments followed by 3 or 4 in person interviews. A marketing plan and explanation in detail required. Fingerprinting and background check were more rigorous than I've experienced before but, it was to be expected. All in all a good experience.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Upon arriving to the location, I was seated amongst a few other applicants. We were interviewed by 3 different members in management. They were all very friendly... and most of the time they were just listening, and asking questions.

Interview Questions

• An example question: "Where do you see yourself in 20 years? What is your lifetime ambition?
      Another: "What kind of a salary do you want to make?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

First step- Introduction interview. Information about the program and a couple simple personality/ why this career questions. Business plan assigned.
    Next Step- review of business plan and more standard questions
    Next Step- final review of your business plan. Prep for panel interview
    Next Step- Panel interview. You present your business plan to 3-5 advisors who decide if they think you could make it as a successful advisor. Definitely the toughest of the interviews
    Final step- if you make it through the panel interview, you have a final interview with the managing director. If this goes well an offer will follow

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

A series of interviews in person, where pairs of people came into the room and asked me questions. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Most questions were specific to the language and your resume.

GWIM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university job portal. Within a couple of weeks, I received an email expressing interest in a first round phone interview. After the phone call, we scheduled a date for my second round interview in New York. Since the position was for wealth management, the initial interview questions were not too technical, mostly behavioral questions to gauge my personality and interest in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in wealth management?
      Please tell me about your potential business plan as an advisor the firm.
      Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

basic questions about previous career and education, they gave me information of what I WAS GOING TO DO, background check, prints check. should take around a month, when you start working 2 weeks of training with different areas,

Interview Questions

• after 6 month as a intern you will need to start working withy your license.   1 Answer