Merrill Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Funds Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The process was long however the interview went well.

They first ask you to complete a lot of paperwork online. They ask detailed questions and run background checks after your in person interview.

once you are screened on the phone and they like you, they ask you for in person interview which is fairly easy.

Keep in mind that this is a large scale company and they have a lot of steps in the process so they don't move very quickly.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your resumes, some behavioral situations.
      They will go through your resume and ask you questions about each experience.
      1 Answer

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

4 on 1 interview. Asked a couple questions. Spent most of the time talking about the position. The hiring process goes through the campus CEO which takes multiple weeks and is ridiculous. Micro management is crazy.

Interview Questions

• What is a redeeming quality about you?   1 Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview with two people, mostly fit questions. Called back on the same day, then went to a Super-day in New York 2 days later. 3 different groups of 2 people, asking similar questions (again fit questions).

Interview Questions

• Majority personality questions, asking about your resume etc.   Answer Question

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pennington, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was horrible to set up. First interview was on campus and was no big deal, just simple resume questions and why i was drawn to the role. After that HR never reached out with an update on my application, emailed my interviewer who talked to HR. HR then emailed me with a final round interview. Never once was a description of the role or even a title for the internship mentioned, only talked about what divisions you could be placed in. Go to final interview and one of the two interviewers never showed up, they didn't have any questions prepared and made me ask questions to fill the time slot. Horrible.

Interview Questions

• Why this position?
      Tell me about a time you had to inspire a group?
      Answer Question

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through an on-campus interview with my college career network and with the company. Had an on-campus interview within the next week. Mostly behavioral questions with some market commentary. I heard back later that afternoon that I would not be receiving a super day.

Interview Questions

• What is your market outlook for the S&P 500 in the next year?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school recruiting website. Then I was contacted by the recruiter through the website and told I had an interview with them the next week. I interviewed at the school 1:1 with a Financial Advisor who essentially just asked behavioral questions to see if I was a good fit. Then he left a lot of time at the end to see if I had questions for him which I did. I suggest researching about Merrill Lynch before and having some questions to ask because it makes you seem very interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things are you looking for in a career?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. They asked mainly personality and behavioral questions. This was the first interview of a few that would happen, so they were trying to weed out the people who really wanted the job and those who just applied. AKA me

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do anything unethical?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a difficult group project? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL).

Interview

1.On-line assessment. 2.Phone interview. 3.In-person interview with old-school wirehouse dude who lacked professionalism from the second he entered the room. Not a good reflection of the brand. Negative first impression (as a potential candidate for employment or as a potential client/investor).

Interview Questions

• Plain vanilla interview questions 101. Resume review with predictable questions regarding previous positions and experience. Why are you leaving where you are now? Why ML? Nothing special. Nothing different. Nothing that made you think. ~55 minutes. I had no questions for him.   Answer Question

Accepted offer from Morgan Stanley.

Summer Analyst (Tech) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2016.

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Interviewer began by explaining the tech position as well as the academic and work-related background of the interviewer. Then, after a few behavioral questions, the interview jumped very quickly to technical questions. However, the humble interviewer remained thoughtfully cordial throughout the intensive interview, and was eagerly patient.

Interview Questions

• If you have a standard credit card, in the commonsense of the word, with a monthly percentage rate of r and a minimum monthly payment of q percent of the balance due for the previous month, at what levels of q and r does the credit card loan begin to negatively amortize, and why?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with two associates for a 30 minute interview for a summer intern position on-campus. It was mostly behavioral questions but some more technical questions. I recently switched majors from a non-finance major, so I was asked to elaborate on that and on relevant coursework that I have taken since switching.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of how you would value a company.   Answer Question