Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL

2.8

Funds Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The process was long however the interview went well.

They first ask you to complete a lot of paperwork online. They ask detailed questions and run background checks after your in person interview.

once you are screened on the phone and they like you, they ask you for in person interview which is fairly easy.

Keep in mind that this is a large scale company and they have a lot of steps in the process so they don't move very quickly.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your resumes, some behavioral situations.
      They will go through your resume and ask you questions about each experience.
      1 Answer

Senior Operations Transfer Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took a couple weeks, still waiting on response from HR in regards to my candidacy. Interview was basic questions, questions gauging your life's story. Panel was filled with good leadership that knows what it's like down the ranks to rise to their current high level positions. Stressed in teamwork and contributions to process improvement

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with financial adviser and two other client associates. Standard interview questions were asked. Customer service information, detailed information. First the financial advisor interviewed me and than the client associate.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, any scheduling experience. how do you handle working independently, are you able to work part time only. How are your computer skills. what skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very drawn out process. No negotiation with pay. fully paid by financial advisor

New Hire Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of situational questions that probed my previous call center and customer service experience. They also asked about situations that I faced in school such as group projects and working in teams. They really want to make sure that you have a good sense of how to provide good customer service.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you resolved a customer's issue, turning a bad experience around into a good one?   Answer Question

Registered Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Super comfortable interview environment. Easy question, more a get to know you type deal. One interview then job offer. Of course professional environment so dress to impress. Interview was with the recruiter and the head of the department.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with three interviewers on the phone. They were all very nice. They only interviewed 4 candidates for one slot. I did not get an offer, but they called me back afterwards and told me I had a great interview and hope I apply to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little big about yourself
      2. How do you feel you contribute to a team?
      3. Do you like being a leader or follower better?
      4. What skill sets do you feel you offer?
      5. What differentiates you from the other candidates?
      Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

It was easy, they really needed to find people to fill the open positions. since I had a degree and was referred by another employee, I was pretty much accepted into the job. The interview was more of a job summary.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I began the process when a recruiter found my resume on Monster. He put me in touch with the local manager.

The interview process was very streamlined. I didn't know it until later but the first interview was really the only one. I interviewed with the branch manager and once he moved me to the next level it was fairly clear I had to royally screw something up to not get a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Where else are you looking? (It didn't seem tough at the time but the feedback from the recruiter made it clear)   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

First: Generic 30 minute phone screening with recruiter. Second: Group interview with 2 managers in the department I interviewed for. Questions were general about the department and what I could bring to the team. Third: Interview with Assistant Vice President for the team, same generic questions about my expectations and what I could bring to the team. Very simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Just basics about past work experiences and what I am looking for in a new job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me a $ and had to say yes or no.

Numerous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Recruiters will contact by phone or email, process initial screening, and arrange in-person interview , if appropriate

Interview Questions

• what are the last 5 books ( author and title) you have read in the past year   1 Answer