Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

2.9

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

First step- Introduction interview. Information about the program and a couple simple personality/ why this career questions. Business plan assigned.
    Next Step- review of business plan and more standard questions
    Next Step- final review of your business plan. Prep for panel interview
    Next Step- Panel interview. You present your business plan to 3-5 advisors who decide if they think you could make it as a successful advisor. Definitely the toughest of the interviews
    Final step- if you make it through the panel interview, you have a final interview with the managing director. If this goes well an offer will follow

GWIM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university job portal. Within a couple of weeks, I received an email expressing interest in a first round phone interview. After the phone call, we scheduled a date for my second round interview in New York. Since the position was for wealth management, the initial interview questions were not too technical, mostly behavioral questions to gauge my personality and interest in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in wealth management?
      Please tell me about your potential business plan as an advisor the firm.
      Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First one will fill out an online app with information regarding their education and work experience. Next is a phone interview, then a super day (in person interview). Applicants have two 30 minute interviews, which were both pretty similar.

Interview Questions

• Everything you would expect from a company of this size. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Registered Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received call from recruiter who scheduled interview for me. When to the interview and it was very conversational and casual. The team leaders made me feel at ease and comfortable with the environment.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Wanted to make sure I was a good culture fit for the team. I applied online, then was asked to conduct a phone interview. After making it past that point, I was invited for an in office interview with the team lead.

Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral and basic questions like why this firm why this position.Questions are like Why BAML and Why corporate banking,Why Finance, Tell me about your self. Very nice interviewer. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Why BAML and Why corporate banking
      Why Finance
      Tell me about your self   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minute first round phone interview involving mainly fit questions. Super day the following week at New York with five directors/managing directors, each 30 minute. Mainly fit questions and few technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through DCF, Why investment banking?   1 Answer

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

4 on 1 interview. Asked a couple questions. Spent most of the time talking about the position. The hiring process goes through the campus CEO which takes multiple weeks and is ridiculous. Micro management is crazy.

Interview Questions

• What is a redeeming quality about you?   1 Answer

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

On campus interview with two people, mostly fit questions. Called back on the same day, then went to a Super-day in New York 2 days later. 3 different groups of 2 people, asking similar questions (again fit questions).

Interview Questions

• Majority personality questions, asking about your resume etc.   Answer Question

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through an on-campus interview with my college career network and with the company. Had an on-campus interview within the next week. Mostly behavioral questions with some market commentary. I heard back later that afternoon that I would not be receiving a super day.

Interview Questions

• What is your market outlook for the S&P 500 in the next year?   Answer Question