Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Assessment tests for problem solving and math skills. Next was the phone interview with the recruiter. She was very nice, explained the interview process, and told me what position would be best suited for me. Another phone interview is scheduled next

Interview Questions

• What value will you bring to the clients   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

First step- Introduction interview. Information about the program and a couple simple personality/ why this career questions. Business plan assigned.
    Next Step- review of business plan and more standard questions
    Next Step- final review of your business plan. Prep for panel interview
    Next Step- Panel interview. You present your business plan to 3-5 advisors who decide if they think you could make it as a successful advisor. Definitely the toughest of the interviews
    Final step- if you make it through the panel interview, you have a final interview with the managing director. If this goes well an offer will follow

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2017.

Interview

Very long interview process with 7+ calls. Was not provided the appropriate Information for the calls. This created a gap of information and inability to prepare properly for the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

IT wasnt terrible, I just always get nerves when it comes to the interview process, but the relaxed pace that this was conducted - was enjoyable. I hope to interview again with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Basic background about myself   1 Answer

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview by a regional HR Manager. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes and was pretty basic. I was given an overview of the PMD program and told what to expect from the program if hired. I was asked about high net worth connections in the area, then forwarded on to the next stage in the process. I chose not proceed after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high net worth network established in the area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks. It included a phone interview and two in person interviews. I was also required to do an aptitude test and a personality test, both online. The interviews weren't too tough. They asked a lot of behavioral based questions and questions about how you're going to build your client base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview as as the pre-screener asked me about my network and history. The pre-screener spent most of her time telling me about the program. She was mainly focussed on what assets or network I could immediately bring to the table. I progressed to the second round where the interviewer asked me about what network that I could bring to the table. He informed me that the success rate is at about 19 percent. I got the feeling that he was only interested in me if I already had a list of clients to bring in.

Interview Questions

• How did you get the interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newport News, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a call from corporate, had a really great conversation for nearly 25 minutes. He complimented me and told me some very flattering things. Nailed it! Never received a follow up phone-call..e-mail, nothing. Wasn't denied either.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding potential clients?   1 Answer

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

(Still in the interview process) There are 2 assessments. You receive an email if you pass them. Then you set up a time for a first round interview. This is pretty straight forward, and my interviewer told me more about the program. He also explained the rest of the interview process. If selected, there are 3 more interviews.

PMD/Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The fiat test is mainly fractions and decimal math. Not too bad. They allow a calculator but nothing else. Be prepared to explain your sales experience and network in the community.