Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

First step- Introduction interview. Information about the program and a couple simple personality/ why this career questions. Business plan assigned.
Next Step- review of business plan and more standard questions
Next Step- final review of your business plan. Prep for panel interview
Next Step- Panel interview. You present your business plan to 3-5 advisors who decide if they think you could make it as a successful advisor. Definitely the toughest of the interviews
Final step- if you make it through the panel interview, you have a final interview with the managing director. If this goes well an offer will follow

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2017.

Interview

Very long interview process with 7+ calls. Was not provided the appropriate Information for the calls. This created a gap of information and inability to prepare properly for the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

IT wasnt terrible, I just always get nerves when it comes to the interview process, but the relaxed pace that this was conducted - was enjoyable. I hope to interview again with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Basic background about myself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview as as the pre-screener asked me about my network and history. The pre-screener spent most of her time telling me about the program. She was mainly focussed on what assets or network I could immediately bring to the table. I progressed to the second round where the interviewer asked me about what network that I could bring to the table. He informed me that the success rate is at about 19 percent. I got the feeling that he was only interested in me if I already had a list of clients to bring in.

Interview Questions

• How did you get the interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newport News, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a call from corporate, had a really great conversation for nearly 25 minutes. He complimented me and told me some very flattering things. Nailed it! Never received a follow up phone-call..e-mail, nothing. Wasn't denied either.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding potential clients?   1 Answer

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

(Still in the interview process) There are 2 assessments. You receive an email if you pass them. Then you set up a time for a first round interview. This is pretty straight forward, and my interviewer told me more about the program. He also explained the rest of the interview process. If selected, there are 3 more interviews.

PMD/Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The fiat test is mainly fractions and decimal math. Not too bad. They allow a calculator but nothing else. Be prepared to explain your sales experience and network in the community.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2016.

Interview

2 assessments then 2 phone interviews then in person with complex director and another DM as well as meet the managers of the office.. This final step I have tomorrow. All interviews have been with really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Why Merrill?
      Why should we pick you?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online in late May/early June. The next day I was sent an email saying congrats on making it to the next step & that I needed to take an assessment test. Took the test. Then the next day I was sent another email sayin congrats and to take another assessment test. Took the test and weeks went by (about 3 1/2) before I heard anything back! I'd forgotten about them when they finally called and set up a phone screen which led to another phone screen where the process ended for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Many interviews. Went through about five interviews between the team and district manager. For the team, I think it's a lot of feeling you out to see if you are a good fit for their dynamic.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work at a local BofA branch to steer clients to our team?   1 Answer