Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Contacted via email after submitting application. Initial phone screen followed by 3 in-person interviews a week later. I was instructed to create a business plan but none of the interviewers asked to see it. Relatively easy and casual interviews overall.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (West Chester, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

It began with an email asking me to take two assessments. The first was geared towards the job. The second was their version of a VJT/Shaker. Relatively simple.
    Next, I did a phone interview. It was a get to know you, plus some questions related to how you would contribute to Merrill Lynch's success. I wasn't moved on to the next step because I haven't finished school yet. She continued the interview and really liked my confidence and my military background.
    I was told to contact her again after I completed school in a few months.
    Tips:
    Be confident, not cocky.
    Be driven by money and success to prove yourself and goals.
    Have a niche that you can bring to the table to establish your foundation and bring in $10 million in your first year.

Interview Questions

• What will your niche be to bring in $10 million your first year?   1 Answer

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. A little slow moving. Had two interviews with successful Financial Advisers who worked in the office followed by a third interview with a branch manager. Questions about my background, why now ? and Why Merrill Lynch? What separates me from anyone else?

PMD/Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Wayne, PA).

Interview

Two Assessments + Virtual "Day in the Life" Assessments followed by one in phone screen interview recruiter then by 3 in person interviews with 2 managers and 1 regional director.

(I had all three interviews in one day and the Assessments were done one at a time)

Interview Questions

• Why Merrill Lynch?
      Why Financial Advising?
      Why now?
      What would your current boss say about you if they were here right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted résumé. Took a personality test, then a financial aptitude test. Had a phone screen with a recruiter, then a 10 minute phone interview with a local FA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were a high achiever   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Stamford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter about a week later. Brief phone call with the recruiter talking about the position and if it were the right fit for me. After the call I took two online assessments which were pretty basic. I was then asked to complete a business plan and come in for an interview to go over it. I interviewed in Stamford, CT with two senior FA's, which lasted about one hour. We went over my business plan and talked about my network and how I planned to acquire clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to continuously grow your client pipeline?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Assessment tests for problem solving and math skills. Next was the phone interview with the recruiter. She was very nice, explained the interview process, and told me what position would be best suited for me. Another phone interview is scheduled next

Interview Questions

• What value will you bring to the clients   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with the regional director to go over what I can bring to the table, the conversation was honest and insightful. Great experience for anyone looking to learn more about the field and where they can take their career.

Interview Questions

• How many high net worth individuals do you know that you can sign up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Two assessments followed by 3 or 4 in person interviews. A marketing plan and explanation in detail required. Fingerprinting and background check were more rigorous than I've experienced before but, it was to be expected. All in all a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

First step- Introduction interview. Information about the program and a couple simple personality/ why this career questions. Business plan assigned.
    Next Step- review of business plan and more standard questions
    Next Step- final review of your business plan. Prep for panel interview
    Next Step- Panel interview. You present your business plan to 3-5 advisors who decide if they think you could make it as a successful advisor. Definitely the toughest of the interviews
    Final step- if you make it through the panel interview, you have a final interview with the managing director. If this goes well an offer will follow