Merrill Lynch PMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch PMD Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a quick telephone interview after I passed the fiat test. The recruiter was very very rude. He spoke over me and didn't let me answer my questions the way I wanted it answered. He was almost like repremanding me for giving the answer to the questions he asked. If you want to know something, then let me answer or don't waste my time. I can go somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you put this employer down if you worked for them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

PMD Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone interview: questions regarding sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (McLean, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was not a good experience interviewing with Merrill Lynch. Their hiring process is a mass. I had so many interviews, tests, and a business plan. It took me almost two month to hear a "NO". It is frustrating. They even did a background check on me. At that point I believed I would be hired. I prepared my business plan very well. First1 on 1 interviewer (director) didn't even spend a minute looking at my business plan. In the second interview, the PMD coach didn't even ask for it (he didn't even have my resume with him). It was a waste of my time and effort applying there. Now, I think I am happy I didn't work in that mass. I was looking into start a career, for sure not working with those kind of people. I don't know about other branches, but this Tyson's corner branch PMD coach and Director does not seem to hire quality people. I guess you just need to have a strong connection in the company or know many millionaires who would let you manage their money and already well trained even though it is a trainee position. I think I was more knowledgeable and have higher education than that PMD coach who was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What Target Markets would you pursue in building your practice?   Answer Question
    • What activity levels do you feel would be necessary to achieve success in your practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

long

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Nashville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

HR phone screen. Then an application and an HR phone interview. Then a face to face interview with the branch manager. Financial basics test and personality test. Then an additional face to face interview with the branch manager. A few discussions with Senior Financial Advisors and then and offer.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know that has $250,000 or more that would consider investing with you today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room in negotiations. After joining I learned the max for the PMD position is $75,000

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hartford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

online Assessment,2 phonee interviews with recruiters and 2 face to face with BOM

Interview Questions

• How are u going to raise the assets needed to succeed?   Answer Question

PMD Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Interview

2 interviews--not particularly difficult. Took test prior to interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiate for the limit--up to $50,000 or $70,000--do not accept less, because achieving the higher results is very difficult

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Sarasota, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Brought in asked to prepare a list of people that I would be able to solicit for business. Asked to pick my own salary which changed requirements at the end of each year.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a business plan to grow my assets under management   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Portland, ME) in August 2009.

Interview

Was called and spoke with the branch manager. Scheduled a face to face that included some tests. Then met the complex director and received an offer.

PMD Interview

Interview

Straight forward, discussed business plan and how to obtain clients