Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took you through a number of loops. The first interview was with the branch VP in which was a personality test. The second was with the client relations department to assess whether you were good in sales. The process was very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• If you rolled a dice what are the odds of you rolling an 11 of better. Answer in a percentage.   1 Answer

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chandler, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I had to take two tests, go through a phone interview, and then have two sit down interviews. It all went very smoothly, and I was hired within a month. I really enjoyed the process, and none of it was confusing or difficult at all. The people who interviewed me were very professional and helpful.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. It was only one interview and it last 30 minutes. It was pretty straightforward. They constantly hire. It was in a big room where a lot of interviews were being conducted at the same time with other applicants with other managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your last position when you had to deal with an upset client, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chandler, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

It started with a lengthy application process. After a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter via email, and had to pass a skills assessment before I could proceed. The test was 55 questions, roughly 30 were math (decimals, fractions, stock splits and basic algebra), and the rest were economics, accounting and finance related. I took the test online. After that, the recruiter contacted me via telephone and pre-screened me. I was also sent paperwork for a lengthy background check.

At this time, I had to write up a business plan that sold them on how I could be successful at Merrill Lynch. They won't hold your hand for this process and it's ultimately up to you to make an attractive plan. I spoke with the recruiter one more time and then went into the branch for a meeting with the manager. This was a very difficult interview. Keep in mind, the guy you're sitting across from has been in the industry and knows what it takes to succeed. I feel I answered all of the questions pretty well, but he did ask me about the history of the company, and I didn't provide good answers (dumb oversight, on my part. Wikipedia would have made my interview almost perfect). He did not offer me a job on the spot, and no panel interview was scheduled, so I thought I was finished. He called me later in the day and offered me the position.

My one piece of advice is to realize that not all branches go through the same process. While there are a few guarenteed steps, it is ultimately up to the branch how they hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a number in mind, and the offer exceeded it. There is also amazing bonus opportunities , so don't worry about your salary.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position online I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After a few behavioral questions and skill checks I was told to wait to hear back. A few weeks later I received a call back and scheduled an in person interview. This interview was 1 on 1 with the manager I would report to. They asked basic behavioral questions, how I work with a team, and that was it.