Merrill Lynch Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

A series of interviews in person, where pairs of people came into the room and asked me questions. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Most questions were specific to the language and your resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was on campus event. Questions were behavorial. It was a very short interview. basic questions were why this position, why this company where do you see yourself and all. He explained a lot about the role.

Interview Questions

• why this company? why this role? where do you see yourself, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Frisco, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars.
    Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Was asked basic Java questions like hash table and binary trees.

Interview Questions

• What happens when a hash table becomes full?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pennington, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews: one with manager; another with team lead, and one face interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Aptitude followed by technical and hr interview. Average difficulty level. Aptitude test consistent of basic quants questions and then java programs to find output of the same. Then technical round consisted of some questions on P&C followed by questions on java programs, sql also. HR round consisted of some average aptitude quesions and knowledge of hedge funds.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

3 interviews 1 technical, 1 language and 1 with the manager in a single day. Went to a very nice office in the middle of Tokyo. Hiring was soon but the background check was tedious

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Pretty in depth testing of Technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

The office was impressive and while being showed round the trading floor etc at 6:00pm I saw very few people left in the building. My interviewers were mid-level developers and seemed pretty unfriendly they did however really know they're stuff. It seemed obvious that they were over worked and very tired meaning they weren't overly enthusiastic about the role. My impression is the company was mediocre and I don't think I would have accepted an offer if I had got it.