Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. First round was a phone interview that was mostly behavioral and some knowledge of what is going on in banking currently. Heard back 2 days later that I made it to Superday, which consisted of 3 30 minute interviews that had both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two employees, who happened to be alumni of my university. It was a pretty straightforward interview, mostly behavioral questions and one technical question. It was not that difficult, except I was not as prepared as I should have been. Make sure you go into the interview knowing about the industry.

Interview Questions

• Simple behavioral questions:
      Walk me through your resume.
      One technical:
      How would you value a firm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty stressful but should be fine if you did your own research and preparation. Make sure to have good answers for all behavioral questions and have some knowledge of what's going on with the market recently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First, there is an informational interview with the recruiter by telephone. This interview is mostly personal, getting to know you and seeing if you would fit in the company After that, there is a first round interview based on mostly behavioral and technical questions. After that, a super day in which you are interview by different analysts, with some more technical questions and also personal behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

3 People in the room. A lot of the interview focuses on your resume. They take in to account where you attended undegrad. Work experience is helpful. Having a background in coding was a plus. Ask a lot of questions to show that you are interested. Do research on the company and the position. (Why you are applying, how you heard about it)

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview with two directors. Most are behavioral questions with focus on the resume. The only tech question is how would you invest with one million dollars. They look nice and smile all the time. Most of the interviewers are directors/ md. Be prepared to face two at the same time.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, going through the interview first is a phone interview and the second one is in person and the third one is in person phone interview too the interview is not very challenging and a bit technical

Interview Questions

• How did you contribute to the consulting firm you worked in ?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews with different departments: sales/trading, investment banking, and human resources. After that they invited me to 1:1 interview. Asked about basic questions ranging from personal to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do with $1 millon?" "What activities are you involved besides partying?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial on campus interview with two associates or VPs. Then superday with 6 associates and VPs. Occasionally a senior analyst as well. Intial interviews are a mix of fit and technical. Superday interviews are the same.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit and techinical questions. Walk me through your resume. Why did you attend x university. Why did you choose your major. Walk me through a DCF. What is a tech trend you follow. What tech companies do you like. What is unique about those companies. Who are their competitors. What is the market size. What is market cap. How do you calculate it. What is enterprise value. How do you calculate it. What is the difference between market cap and EV. Why might you use EV / EBITDA to evaluate one company and P / E to evaluate another. How does a ten dollar increase in depreciation affect all three financial statements. What are the three main ways to value a company. Which will result in the highest valuation. If you could only have two financial statements, which would you choose. If you could only have 1 financial statement to evaluate an investment, which would you choose. What is WACC. How is it calculated. What is CAPM. How is it calculated. How do you calculate beta for a private company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA. You either accept or do not accept. There are many candidates willing to take your spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Fullerton, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

My interviewer greeted me at the door and wanted to learn my personality and qualities right away. He was friendly and gave me an honest opinion about the summer intern opportunity. Said it wasn't for everyone, the position required me to take an interest in sales and cold calling. I appreciated the honestly.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring into the company this summer and why should I hire you   Answer Question