Merrill Lynch Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Technology Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of 5 engineers, project leaders and directors. The project leaders asked for me to describe my experience, describing the companies I worked for, the type of work that was done and whether I would work for them again. The Director asked for a synopsis of my career and then asked specific questions about prior employers, described what I did for the employer and what type of technology which was done for the employer. The engineers asked more technical questions, asking specific types of technology and how I would complete a specific task.
The interview process was about 4 hours in total.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding Python objects, SQL questions and financial information, such as the difference between forwards and futures contracts.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting through their online system. I had a first round of interviews on campus, then was invited to visit onsite (in New York). I had a couple interviews onsite, had to take a written test where they asked some questions like where I see the future of technology in banking.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's career fair. They followed up with an on campus interview with a two member panel. I had a phone conversation with the manager after that. I didn't hear back anything for a few weeks and then got my offer through email

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve deadlocks in a system and what preventative measures would you take to avoid it?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview had a relaxing vibe and there were two gentlemen from the project team I potentially would be joining who joined as interviewers. Questions were mostly competency-based and mixed with technical questions that are simple and easy to answer. My suggestion is to think through before answering. You can ask for a piece of paper and a pen for help in drafting too.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ouei Hon (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Ouei Hon (Vietnam)).

Interview

First round is the phone interview and it takes 15 minutes exactly. And they have send2 days before it actually commerce. Afterwards is a final interview with 5 panel and 4 student. Around 4 hour intensive interview and until now no result after 1 month. We think that no result from all 4 of us.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Assessment Center

Interview Questions

• A lot of teamwork questions, practice the team assessment stuff online (Key*)   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2011.

Interview

The numeracy and logic tests were conducted during the application process. Following this, I was invited to a phone interview which lasted about half an hour. There were a few technical questions, but no specific queries about any particular programming language.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was rather. It is composed technical questions as well as some brain teasers.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process was quite short, but it was because of an immediate opening. the technology guys at merrill are very good and they know their stuff. They mostly asked me questions in C++ as that was what my experience was in. Even though the role was more on C# development. The pay is pretty good too.