Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume and said I would be hearing back shortly. Never heard back, so I emailed twice and got a phone interview. Said I would hear back after than and didn't hear anything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Detroit, MI).

Interview

After submitting the application, went through 2 series of phone interviews. [ Mostly resume questions, and basic "tell me about yourself" questions ]

Face-to-face interview was extremely comfortable. Two people were present, lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral [ "what would you do in this situation" ]. They try to make you feel comfortable. Really not many technical questions, although adding in technical knowledge is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to emerge as a leader, even though your role wasn't specifically designed for that. How did you manage and/or direct others for success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to interview in office with Senior VP. Very friendly but kind of intimidating and almost didn't let me get a word in. Started off the interview with 2 brief and general questions about my work experience then basically had me ask the rest of the questions for the interview. Felt like he didn't really learn all that much about me and what I'm interested in. He spent a lot of time talking about the company and getting off topic about other things. Took me for a tour around the office. I was out in less than 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Wanted to make sure I was a good culture fit for the team. I applied online, then was asked to conduct a phone interview. After making it past that point, I was invited for an in office interview with the team lead.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick, behavioral interview. they basically just made sure i was capable of holding a conversation and interacting with clients appropriately. we ended up talking mainly about topics not related to Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with head of Wealth Management, then with Parter at wealth management group. Interview process explored my background, interests, goals, and aspirations. The interviews were very straight-forward and informal. The second interview with the finance group was more in depth- discussing the various duties I would have at the job and my qualifications with respect to those duties. Overall, the experience was not extremely stressful, but definitely formal.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. A few phone calls and an in office interview. Be sure wealth management is what you plan to do full time after graduation. The people were all extremely helpful and nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round interview consistent of one face-to-face interview on campus. We were only allowed 30 minutes for the interview. Typical personality questions such as why you're interested in wealth management, etc.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Email Correspondence to begin with which led to a Phone Interview which finally culminated in an In Person Interview before being offered the internship role with the wealth management team

Wealth Management Interview

Interview

3 half hour phone interviews witch regional managers. After a couple of weeks I received an email offering me the internship. There were no technical finance questions in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions.

Why do you want to work in wealth management?   Answer Question