Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Merrill Lynch

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Wanted to make sure I was a good culture fit for the team. I applied online, then was asked to conduct a phone interview. After making it past that point, I was invited for an in office interview with the team lead.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. Be yourself. Speak about market knowledge and why you are interested in the financial services industry. Explain why you are fit for a role within wealth management and why it interests you over prop trading.

Interview Questions

• You have a client who is 50 years old with one kid. Has an average income of 200k. How would you allocate their portfolio?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to interview in office with Senior VP. Very friendly but kind of intimidating and almost didn't let me get a word in. Started off the interview with 2 brief and general questions about my work experience then basically had me ask the rest of the questions for the interview. Felt like he didn't really learn all that much about me and what I'm interested in. He spent a lot of time talking about the company and getting off topic about other things. Took me for a tour around the office. I was out in less than 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume and said I would be hearing back shortly. Never heard back, so I emailed twice and got a phone interview. Said I would hear back after than and didn't hear anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Detroit, MI).

Interview

After submitting the application, went through 2 series of phone interviews. [ Mostly resume questions, and basic "tell me about yourself" questions ]

Face-to-face interview was extremely comfortable. Two people were present, lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral [ "what would you do in this situation" ]. They try to make you feel comfortable. Really not many technical questions, although adding in technical knowledge is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to emerge as a leader, even though your role wasn't specifically designed for that. How did you manage and/or direct others for success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick, behavioral interview. they basically just made sure i was capable of holding a conversation and interacting with clients appropriately. we ended up talking mainly about topics not related to Merrill Lynch

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

very easy, friendly people that wanted to know more about you and your experience rather than simply focused on GPA and grilling questions to prove intelligence. Loved my experience at merrill lynch and hope to work there in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly relaxed and the interviewers were very welcoming.

Considering my young age and lack of financial experience it is evident there are many gaps in my financial knowledge. Thankfully they understood this and were more focused on getting to know me and evaluating my moral.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of when you overcame adversity? How did you do it?   1 Answer
    • If you were cold calling potential new clients and someone were to curse you out, what would your reaction be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First Round on Campus, then a super day on site in NYC. All behavioral questions for the first round, where as the super day asked some questions regarding the markets.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision regarding the market and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was based mostly on fit and a general desire to be in the wealth management field. I was asked a lot about why I thought I was a good fit and why I liked wealth management, if I was a good with managing relationships and if I found satisfaction in helping people manage their finances and plan their futures.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do wealth management?
      What is happening in the markets today?   Answer Question