Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Scientist Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Day long process (10:30am to 4:45pm). Started by meeting with many team members in pairs, for about 30 minutes each. Had an hour lunch break with the manager. Then met with a few more team members, followed by a 30 minute call with an HR rep, and a 30 minute meeting with the department head. Concluded with a tour of the lab facilities. Everyone was very friendly and engaging. Some questions were tougher than others, but overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by multiple people to give a run down of my career and experience.

Also other questions like:
    What do you think is the direction this industry is headed in? What do you think will be the next big advancements?
    Why are you willing to leave your current company?

There will also some behavioral questions from HR.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrimack Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager (HM) directly contacted me and scheduled a phone interview, that went smoothly. I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the HM, HR and several group members 2 weeks later - it was including a presentation. While I thought I did good at the time, everybody was extremely nice and I would have been honored to work with them, I had a "strange" feeling when I met the HM, as if he wasn't really interested in my presence there. In retrospect, I believe they had already indentified their top choice.

That said, I have to admit that at the time, I did not read any "how to interview" book, and was coming straight from academia - and well, it was showing; I was unaware of many of the presently accepted Interview Rules. Best thing one can do is go buy a book on how to interview, especially if you're coming out of Academia.

The interview questions were heavily behavioral, like "Tell me about a time when you ... ". The "rule" is that you should answer in <90s :).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficulty with a project and you couldn't find a solution.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about time when you had difficulty with a colleague.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail message from the hiring manager directly, who set up a phone interview a few days later. The interview was quite long (~1hr), and seemed to go smoothly, the hiring manager was a nice person. He said he was happy woth my phone interview, but because they were at the begining of the interview process, I shall hear back about scheduling an on-site interview in 3-4 weeks. only. I did not, therefore I contacted him again to see if I was still considered for an on-site interview. I never received an answer back. That position disappeared but then has recently been reposted. I have to say that I would have appreciated a simple "the position is no longer available" reply instead of no reply at all.