Merritt Hawkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

Physician Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through LinkedIn. 5 days later received an initial phone call upon which I was invited for face-to-face interview. The recruiter wanted to see me in their office the same week (the week before Christmas holidays). Since I travel back and forward between Atlanta & Chicago a lot, I was in Chicago at that time, I asked if it would be possible to meet after new year, but stated that if he'd rather interview me the same week I would make all the necessary travel arrangements to be there whenever he say. He said it's not necessary and he will call me back after New Year. He did not contact me as he said, so I called him to make arrangements for the interview. He was very awkward, evidently was trying to get a rid of me. Very disappointing, as he could simply say that they are not interested at this moment. Instead he told me he won't be able to talk with me because he has a scheduled phone call in 8 minutes. 8 minutes was plenty of time to schedule the interview with me. He decided he will just tell me he has no available time to interview me. Seriously? In my opinion lack of professionalism in this case. I'm a recruiter myself with 10 years of experience and this is not how you build the relationships with potential, current or future, candidates. It's a pity, because I was very interested with this company and I was serious about interviewing with them.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview was straight forward. I applied online, received a call, was asked to come for a face to face interview. Asked questions in regards to my background, past jobs, asked me to sell them something. The recruiter drew compensation plan on the board and explained the different roles. Took an online personality test.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this book? Tell me about your sales background?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. You either take the salary or you dont.

Search Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

In-house recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. There was an initial phone interview. Following the phone interview a few days later, I came in for an on-site interview with the in-house recruiter for an initial meeting. I returned within a week at my earliest convenience for an interview with the Senior Vice President of Recruiting for the company. It was an excellent visit where we discussed the position and potential for career. We shared conversation and questions. All of this to be followed by another visit to meet with the Divisional Vice Presidents of two regions I would be considered to join. This also was a smooth process with genuine conversation and questions about past history and future goals.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the priorities that you are looking for in a new position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then onsite with VP. Pretty straight forward. They hype that they lead the Medical Recruiting for perm placement which is true. Wasnt a bad interview, and they are truthful about what the position will entail.

Interview Questions

• How would you say you are able to to prospect and maintain clients.   Answer Question

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Dallas, TX).

Interview

An internal recruiter called me to discuss the recruiting opportunity. She gave me an overview of the position and asked me to complete a sales assessment before coming in for a face-to-face interview.

I met with a Vice President who wanted to know about my experience and allowed me to ask questions.

I then met with two team leads and it seemed to go well.

The internal recruiter called me the next day and offered me the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by Talent Acquisition; a face-to-face interview was set up with the VP of Recruiting; I interviewed with him once and was extended a job offer right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are your top 3 best and worst qualities and why?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in and got a phone call to schedule an interview about 10 minutes later. The interview was only about 20 minutes and the interviewer's supervisor sat in. The interviewer was quick to talk about compensation packages. The following week got another phone call to come in and meet senior executives. Was unable to attend due to scheduling.

Search Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was fairly easy. I was contacted by a talent acquisition recruiter by email and was then scheduled for a phone screen and introduction to the company. After that, we scheduled for the face to face interview, and I met with 2 people that day and given a tour of the building. Later that day, I was given the official offer.

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for a position in their Physician recruiting office in Irvine, CA. The recruiter first made an error on the email and it included a line about how I would have to live in Dallas, TX. After we cleared up that misunderstanding, I moved forward in the process and spoke with the regional vp, the vp of sales and two recruiters. Everything was incredibly positive and they made me an offer, but I told them that I needed to think about it for a couple of days. When I called back earlier than originally intended to accept the offer, the recruiter told me that they had give the offer to somebody else, as they were on a very tight deadline.

In the end, if a company is going to be that underhanded with an offer, I'm glad that I did not accept it.

Interview Questions

• It was a very standard interview process, and all of the questions were typical sales/recruiting questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merritt Hawkins (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Depends on who the director interviewing you is on how challenging the interview will be.. will ask a lot of sales questions and want to figure out if you are money motivated and self motivated.