Mervyns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mervyns Interview Questions

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mervyns (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I interviewed out of college, they met with me on campus, then flew us out for an interview. They put us up in a W hotel and gave a store tour. Then they held the interviews and panel discussions. The interviews were 30 minutes each and I think I met with 3 people. A job offer was extended within a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about excel and some situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mervyns (Slidell, LA).

Interview

I applied two or three times over 6 months. By the time I got called for an interview, I had forgotten that I even applied there. Initial interview was a 30 minute phone screen, 2nd interview was with a training store manager in kenner, LA. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Both interviews had all of the standard questions that you would expect from someone with prior management background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A week after my 2nd interview, I was called by HR and offered more money than I asked for initially. I accepted on the spot.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mervyns (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy. The hiring manager was very friendly. Her interview style was easygoing and friendly. I was not nervous at all. She made me fell very comfortable. Great place for a young person.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mervyns (Torrance, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. I was interviewed in person by the Team Lead. I was asked a series of questions to determine how I would handle different incidents in a retail environment. I was given a background check. The Team Lead was very personable and listened well and made the effort to be sure we could communicate well. She demonstrated by example the leadership skills she was seeking in new employees for the store. I was impressed by this.

Interview Questions

• In which order would you handle these multiple incidents, a customer that needs someone to ring up their purchase, an accident in another department, a team manager who needs you to report to another department and clothing that is on the floor that needs to be picked up and detailed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mervyns (Tucson, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Very basic and typical interview. Asked standard questions via an in-store terminal multiple choice survey. HR team was friendly and patient.

Interview Questions

• Any question dealing with an angry or irritated customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing special, they quoted a starting pay, I accepted. No negotiating.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mervyns (Hayward, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

it wasn't bad. easy behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really happening

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mervyns (Ontario, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

I was given a background of the position over the phone and I was screened.
    Second I was invited to a tour and 1-on-1 with the Director.
    Lastly, I was invited to another interview with a two other managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its gone, doesn't matter anymore.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mervyns (Torrance, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Had two face to face interviews after applying online

Interview Questions

• Tell me alittle about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mervyns in January 2008.

Interview

Applied at store's kiosk & had waited over 2wks for response for consideration for employment. Mgmt. was busy which explained the delay for consideration. Received call to come in for first interview. After interview, decision was made on the spot & employment was offered & accepted. Next scheduled appt. was for orientation/training of store's policies, cash register training...

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mervyns in August 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of a group interview asking a series of questions of how to deal with angry customers, how you would solicit credit, and questions regarding your personality. Overall, the interview went well and it was an easy process.