Merz North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merz North America Interview Questions

3.5

Sales-Area Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merz North America (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter. I then did a phone screen with the manager. I then met the manager for a 1:1 who recommended me for the in person interviews with 4 upper managers at the home office.

Interview Questions

• Naturally about how you would handle/overcome/compete with a big company like Allergan being a small private company...
      less resources...
      less voice...
      less and less.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did ask for more in salary and a signing bonus to cover my bonus I was leaving on the table. I did not get all I wanted, but they did work with me.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merz North America in June 2015.

Interview

Done completely over the phone - was contacted after doing some work for a third party. The third party gave my contact information to the Merz executive who reached out via email. Interview consisted of a two hour telephone conference regarding my experience and expertise in a particular area that Merz was considering expanding into. Nothing very specific- essentially a two way conversation. Very pleasant and low key.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been in this field - very general questions regarding background,   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merz North America (Greensboro, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, then had a in office interview with HR. The interviewer is only an HR Specialist and was wasting my time with a 2nd "behavioral" interview. Since no employee ever works with HR folks, I thought it was odd to get a 2nd interview witht he exact same person and to never have a chance to meet with an any one in the actual department I would be working in. Since she was the only person I met with, she represents the Company, and have to give them a thumbs down.

Marketing Function Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Merz North America.

Interview

Was asked to do an online psychometric test and went through two rounds of interviews, first time with direct manager and an equivalent manager of his/her level, second time with direct manager, HR director and country manager. Was asked to do a presentation about myself, 'why me', and what my plans were to drive the business.

Interview Questions

• One question that the country manager likes to ask was 'How badly do you want this job'.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merz North America (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2010.

Interview

I talked with the chief financial officer, who asked me questions not in a
    very polite manner.During interview proccess I found that an employee whom they were going to replace did not know about it and continued to work.When I asked why do they behave themself in such way with their employees they provided me the following explanation;"This is the voice of business.If she knew about it she wouldn't continue to work with us and then who will do her work until replacement will be founded? "

Interview Questions

• Why do you call this project?this is not a project but a very easy thing to do   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merz North America in December 2008.

Interview

Main portion was technical interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation conducted on vacation and salary