Mesirow Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was not asked standard behavioral questions. Instead, we discussed my interests and my coursework. There were some technical questions but I was told they would not count towards or against me because they can easily train you.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken that will help you in this position.   Answer Question

Benefit Associate, Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by three team members. Interview was relaxed and conversational. They wanted to make sure candidate was able to deal with people with different personalities since this person would deal with preparing reports for a number of people from different teams.

Benefits Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online but emailed an HR rep that I met a while back. She put me through to the person in charge of hiring for this position. I had a quick phone interview which went through my resume. I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• The took my most meaningless job (cashier) and asked what valuable lesson I learned from it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial in October 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process after recruiter or placement agency referral. You meet with human resources then hiring manager then business lead (executive or business lead). Series of short interviews 30 minutes each behavioral questions and standard questions.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by personal interview. Phone interview was very conversational with HR. Personal interviews sucked. The team doesn't know anything. They were arrogant and confused about the kinds of questions they needed to ask. Ultimately, only being good at coding counted, nothing else. They were looking for a yes-man who could write simple code.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was given several phone interviews with different people in the company. I started with human resources and worked my way up. It was very laid back and easy process. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. The interviewers were relaxed and just asked me questions about my experience, what I was studying, what classes I had taken, etc. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what I studied in school.   1 Answer

Public Finance Interview

Interview

one phone interview with Senior Managing Director. Very strong conversation and talked extremely highly of the firm's dedication to helping interns learn the industry and work closely on new deals. Was particularly interested in why Public Finance was the department I was interested in over all others. Did not know care if I was strong at bond math initially or had had previous experience working with municipal bonds

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do Public Finance?
      What specifically interests you about the municipal bond world?   Answer Question

Public Finance Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with someone in HR and then was passed on to another interview with the head of the department that I was trying to intern for. No technical questions were asked. All of the questions were fit questions.

Associateern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial in January 2015.

Interview

1 Technical and 1 Fit Interview. They are looking for smart people, you don't necessarily need financial knowledge.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mesirow Financial.

Interview

Applied online, phone interviewed three days after. Recruiter was late. Recruiter asked to interview right at that late time or reschedule to the next week. The recruiter was not prepared. The recruiter ended the interview by saying that the company does not provide working visa or green card to non-US citizens.

Interview Questions

• Talked about education and worked experience, and just walked through the resume and the recruiter didn't really pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question