Met Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Foundation Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application, submitting a cover letter and my CV. Then I was offered an interview a month later. It was a group of 3 interviewers who took turns asking questions and were very friendly and encouraging. They were primarily interested in academic work that I had done which might be relevant to the post.

Interview Questions

• There were general questions about research projects that I had done as well as technical questions about developing a program for customers and how one might test programs. Also some questions about the Met Office main customers and areas.   Answer Question

Radar & Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Application form followed by an interview at Exeter. First 10 minutes prepare a presentation to show the panel. Panel interview with 3 interviewers taking turn to ask questions. No interview expense are paid. salary advertised for the post was low. Easy questions asked at the interview, make sure brush up your technical fundamental before you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• FIR & IIR Filter, Python Code questions, Benefits for surface mount devices.
      Why do you want to work for met office?
      Tell me about career and why did you chose different companies?
      Can you work within a team?
      What is your preferred way for working, self or team work?
      what role you would be most comfortable when working within a team?
      Who are the main customer for met office?   Answer Question

Climate Impact Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office in February 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about the fact that I'd been selected for an interview. Was in the US at the time so we set up a phone interview and they were very accommodating with times. The interview itself lasted approximately 40 minutes and I was asked questions that were more technical than behavioral. They asked me questions specifically related to previous internships and the experiences I'd gained there, as well as information about whether or not I'd led projects and what I'd accomplished through them.

Interview Questions

• The technical question entailed talking about the program they used to work on Climate Impact and environmental modeling. Question itself wasn't tough but required extensive research into that segment of their activities. Make sure to do your homework well.   1 Answer

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Tortuous form filling as CVs/Resumes not accepted. Had panel interview with 3 on the panel. The interview went fine until when they asked if I had any questions. I asked about promotion, salary scales, grading etc. One of the panel leaned forward and spoke to his colleague at the end of the panel, with these immortal words - "what a bl**dy good question". The man in the middle spoke about those questions need to be directed at HR so basically they couldn't provide an answer. I was very glad not to be offered a position as I wouldn't want to work at an organisation whose interviews include swearing and an inability to answer a very reasonable question. It might explain why they provide very little good weather forecasting and their climate change analysis has been called into question.

Interview Questions

• A sample bash shell script with errors   1 Answer