Met Office Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Met Office Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Dec 11, 2016

Foundation Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application, submitting a cover letter and my CV. Then I was offered an interview a month later. It was a group of 3 interviewers who took turns asking questions and were very friendly and encouraging. They were primarily interested in academic work that I had done which might be relevant to the post.

Interview Questions

• There were general questions about research projects that I had done as well as technical questions about developing a program for customers and how one might test programs. Also some questions about the Met Office main customers and areas.   Answer Question

Radar & Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Application form followed by an interview at Exeter. First 10 minutes prepare a presentation to show the panel. Panel interview with 3 interviewers taking turn to ask questions. No interview expense are paid. salary advertised for the post was low. Easy questions asked at the interview, make sure brush up your technical fundamental before you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• FIR & IIR Filter, Python Code questions, Benefits for surface mount devices.
      Why do you want to work for met office?
      Tell me about career and why did you chose different companies?
      Can you work within a team?
      What is your preferred way for working, self or team work?
      what role you would be most comfortable when working within a team?
      Who are the main customer for met office?
      Answer Question

Foundation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

10 min presentation, followed by technical questions. Very dry format, interviewers seemed like they were basically reading off a script. After the interview, they let me spend some time talking to current employees, to help me gauge what the workplace was like.

Interview Questions

• Something to do with the ideal gas equation, I forget the details. But basically involved rearranging a formula while all three of the interviewers watched...Awkward..   Answer Question

Trainee Operational Meteorologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Online application followed by a face-to-face interview at HQ in Exeter. Now there is an assessment center as well, they will cover costs for one trip to exeter but not both. The assessment center involves a group discussion session and a brief test of physics and maths. The interview session involves giving a short presentation about weather impacts at an airfield and then a board of questioners.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions about meteorology, I didn't have much technical knowledge but they were more interested in how you applied information they gave you to the next question.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Tortuous form filling as CVs/Resumes not accepted. Had panel interview with 3 on the panel. The interview went fine until when they asked if I had any questions. I asked about promotion, salary scales, grading etc. One of the panel leaned forward and spoke to his colleague at the end of the panel, with these immortal words - "what a bl**dy good question". The man in the middle spoke about those questions need to be directed at HR so basically they couldn't provide an answer. I was very glad not to be offered a position as I wouldn't want to work at an organisation whose interviews include swearing and an inability to answer a very reasonable question. It might explain why they provide very little good weather forecasting and their climate change analysis has been called into question.

Interview Questions

• A sample bash shell script with errors   1 Answer